New DTS 96/24 and ES Pro Encoders

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
DTS announces the availability of two new DTS pro audio software encoders. These are the first commercially-available solutions for creating high-quality 96kHz and 6.1-channel discrete DTS-ES soundtracks, the DTS Pro Series encoders provide the only 96kHz multi-channel audio solution for video content on DVD-Audio and DVD-Video discs. What’s even cooler is Peter Gabriel will be the first to use the DTS Pro Series 6.1 Surround Encoder on a Project One can only speculate what this will be: New album, Genesis reunion (I wish :) ).

[Read the Press Release]

G

genesis471

Audioholic
DTS/Genesis/Gabriel

Its ironic that I happen to read the front page of the site about DTS and picked up on your Gabriel/Genesis reference. I can't wait to get my hands on what Gabriel is working on.
As far as a Genesis reunion? It more than likely would not include Gabe if at all.
Oh, have you checked out the Genesis Live at Webley (Invisible Touch tour)? The DTS track of this is absolutely incredible!

Mike
Seattle, WA

Denon 3805
Klipsch speakers
MK sub
Genesis fan!

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Rumor has it that Collins hinted about a reunion on his most recent solo tour, so we shall see. Though I agree, probably without Gabriel for sure.

I didn't know they had Invisible Touch Tour on DVD. I just picked up "The Way We Walk" on DVD and was disappointed in the sound quality, but OMG how awesome is the redo of Firth or Fifth from the Old Melody compilation?

IMO Genesis was one of the most underrated bands in progressive rock, but don't get me started :mad:

What songs are on the Invisible Touch tour?

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

I am assuming that this is a step in the right direction for us 96/24 and DTS-ES owners?(Finally some content for our capable receivers) Or will this be another step in the upgrade game?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
If you already have a receiver with DTS 96/24, you should be good to go. I have a few discs in 96/24 and they sound awesome! This really is a good sign. DTS is kicking BUTT and taking names :)

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

gene said:
If you already have a receiver with DTS 96/24, you should be good to go. I have a few discs in 96/24 and they sound awesome! This really is a good sign. DTS is kicking BUTT and taking names :)
From what I have found is that if you have a few discs you have all of them.. So I am in agreement this is a GOOD SIGN! Hopefully they will put out some music that isn't so obscure.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis