New cooler running xbox 360 processor?

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
My friend just told me that all new xbox 360's, and all refurbed 360 are going to be equipped with the new cooler running 65nm technology processors. Can anyone either confirm or deny this, and provide a link or copy/paste this info from another site, since I can't get onto most forums at work. Also, is there a way to tell by the sku or serial number if the 360 contains a new processor?

My house was just broke into and they only thing of mine that was taken was my 360, so it's replacement will be an elite 360, and I want to make sure it has the cooler running chip before I purchase...

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6148098.html

Theres a link to the article. The chip hasn't had an official release date as far as I know, but I heard something about being mixed into the July shipments. I would wait until mid August before getting a 360 just to be safe.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Sweet, I'll check it out when I get home. I want a new console now, but it would probably be worth the wait for the new processor... I just have letting my live account go unused.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
I would wait, the new processor is a much needed replacement. Its supposed to help with the 360's break rate greatly by reducing the amount of heat the system has to stand greatly.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, I know... I have a nyko intercooler, but it would be great to not have to use it. I just hope the new batch of processors are not going to have a high failure rate, I believe they are being made by someone else, not IBM who makes the current processors.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Hopefully so. Thats the biggest downfall of the 360. I once read a reviewer who was on his 4th unit in six months say "It's an amazing system...when its working."

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, I was able to find no firm release date for the new processors. I think I'll just get an elite when I can find one locally, and since it has a 1 yr. warranty, if it should happen to fail during the warranty period, hopefully when it's replaced it will be with a unit that contains the new processor.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis