New Andrew Jones Speakers!

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
For all of you fans of Andrew Jones designed KEF/TAD/Pioneer/Elac speakers, he has a new one from his new employer, MoFi:
I love my Elac Adantes and would very much like to hear his next model. Hopefully, it will justify the $3699 price tag...

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
For all of you fans of Andrew Jones designed KEF/TAD/Pioneer/Elac speakers, he has a new one from his new employer, MoFi:
I love my Elac Adantes and would very much like to hear his next model. Hopefully, it will justify the $3699 price tag...
It was fun watching the 5 minute video that Andrew does on the MoFi web site but why on earth did they use such horrible sounding piano at the start? o_O Will be interesting to see how this measures and reviews.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
I've been wondering when his new designs would start popping up. Compared to my HSU CCB-8s these are BIG Speakers => at least for what some would call a "Bookshelf". Pretty heavy too. Like @Eppie I too await the Audioholics review.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
It was fun watching the 5 minute video that Andrew does on the MoFi web site but why on earth did they use such horrible sounding piano at the start? o_O Will be interesting to see how this measures and reviews.
Yeah, when it started, I thought, "Man, this is going to turn a lot of audiophiles off!" Then the beat started and I realized it was some lo-fi beat or remix.I Shazamed it and this is what I got:
Obviously, MoFi is working within a budget...

I really enjoy watching/ listening to AJ as he seems like he is really into what he is doing and can't wait to share, always with a smile on his face!

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I've been wondering when his new designs would start popping up. Compared to my HSU CCB-8s these are BIG Speakers => at least for what some would call a "Bookshelf". Pretty heavy too. Like @Eppie I too await the Audioholics review.
Yes, they are and it does not help that they are using these Solidsteel stands for their press release:
1668109434216.png

Looks like a stiff breeze will knock 'em over. If MoFi were to offer a stand like the new Mission 770, that would be pretty cool...
1668109649182.png

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yes, they are and it does not help that they are using these Solidsteel stands for their press release:
View attachment 58504
Looks like a stiff breeze will knock 'em over. If MoFi were to offer a stand like the new Mission 770, that would be pretty cool...
View attachment 58505
Haha. In the first pic it looks like someone who skipped leg day. Every leg day. The second one looks pretty cool.

K

kini

Full Audioholic
Wonder how they compare to the Kef Ref 1 Meta at less than half the price?

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Gents, at $3700 US a pair these should sound good. Definitely beyond my reach though...I'll stay with my HSU CCB-8s at one fifth the cost. ;)

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Glad to see it's not just some other 5.25" WAF speaker. Hope this trend continues, instead of the overpriced physics cheating trends that have seemingly swallowed any hopes of high performing/value audio, currently.

Have always been a fan of coaxial drivers and speakers made with them, including car audio.

D

D Murphy

Full Audioholic
.. and much better stands. :)
Hard to tell exactly from a Youtube recording but compared to other Youtube demos they sound pretty sweet. I wonder if Dennis got a chance to check them out or was too busy with his own demos?
I got one 15-minute break, and I used that to check out the new Salk flagship tower that I just finished designing for Jim. I did have one reviewer (I forget for which website) say my towers and the Andrew Jones were his two favorite speakers at the show.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I got one 15-minute break, and I used that to check out the new Salk flagship tower that I just finished designing for Jim. I did have one reviewer (I forget for which website) say my towers and the Andrew Jones were his two favorite speakers at the show.
I figured you would be busy. Was that the BePure2 mentioned on Jim's website?

D

D Murphy

Full Audioholic
I figured you would be busy. Was that the BePure2 mentioned on Jim's website?
No--those are yesterday's news. These are the BePure3 with the new Purifi 8" woofer, a Purifi 6" midrange, and a Be tweeter.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis