Never Move The Xbox 360 Slim

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Here is a video showing you what will happen if you move the 360 Slim.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Nugu

Audioholic
I simply can't believe they haven't fixed that flaw yet. I think I even remember reading it's preventable using a piece of plastic or something that would cost them almost nothing.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
You should know better than to move it while the disc is spinning anyway, this is nothing new... plus there is a sticker on the front of the unit warning you not to move it while it's in operation. But if you rip the game to the hard drive and play it that way, the disc won't be spinning during game play, only when you load the game so it can make sure you actually have the game disc. Yes it should have been fixed, but it's honestly not all that big of a deal... maybe they had to make it that way so that it stayed quiet, I don't know.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Nobody should move a console when a disc is spinning inside anyway

N

Nugu

Audioholic
Yes we all agree you don't move it when the disc is spinning, but seriously this "issue" hasn't been an issue for ages on any kind of console or even PC. I can't see myself ever wanting something that will just EAT a disc that easy.

On the other hand he did deliberately cause damage to that disc given the way he half shook the console.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
This is something they should have taken into consideration, while it's nice they put a warning sticker there are accidents that happen like the console being tipped over due to having pets and children. As an example my daughter has tipped over my PS3 on several occasions and it has never caused any disc damage and the same goes for my wife's Wii.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
The slot loading designs lock the disc firmly in place. I can't imagine why Microsoft can't use a normal disc clamp like the rest of the industry, you can't tell me it's a mystery to them.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That is bull. Not that I would be moving the unit around while a disc was spinning, but the fact is they clearly KNEW this would happen if someone moved it. That is simply unacceptable.

Patrukas777

Patrukas777

Senior Audioholic
I learned the hard way

I hate to admit it, but this happened to me. I was assigning my xbox360 to the receiver and had the wrong hdmi in..so I plugged in the right hdmi and while I was checking to see if it was properly assigned, the 360 slid off of the stand. I heard the same sound...it ruined my Forza Motorsports 2 game, that I only was about 3-5 hours into.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
This is JMO, they new about the previous issues with the 360 and fixed those (maybe), now we come to this issue which is a far easier fix than the others and chose not to or overlooked it. This kinda calls into question the QA of the Slim 360 if they missed this, it makes me wonder what other issues they missed.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Has anyone even contacted MS to inquire about this? I'm sure it wasn't overlooked, as they knew enough to put a warning sticker on the drive stating to not move the console while a disc is spinning. There must be a reason for leaving that way... whether it be cost cutting measures, or something to keep the drive quieter.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Hahaha. I don't see the big deal about this. Any person with common sense does not move a console while it is on and the disk is in use. Even if I knew a safety mechanism was in place I still would not move it while it is on and it wouldn't change the way I deal with the console.

Another thing is about common sense placement of any device. If the 360 is in a possible vulnerable position DON'T place it vertically. If the 360 is placed horizontally you pretty much have to purposely move it or apply a drastic amount of force to make it move. I don't feel sorry for stupid people.

Shock

Shock

Audioholic General
You would think they would use the same type of disc lock that every single laptop optical disc drive has used since the beginning of time.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
You would think they would use the same type of disc lock that every single laptop optical disc drive has used since the beginning of time.
IIRC, most car stereo CD players have some sort of mechanism this as well since they are constantly in motion....

ratso

ratso

Full Audioholic
i find it pretty unbelievable that people are actually trying to DEFEND this. no i have never moved my game console with a game running. but i sure wouldn't think that if i did something catastrohic would happen.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
In order to fix this little problem all that is required was a few cheap rubber pieces inside the lid of the disc drive,which was a 360 mod back in 2005.
It's a little hard to believe that MS was not aware of such a simple fix which would have saved themselves from some embarrassment.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
I liked the way they fixed all their issues with the new slim. You can never get a red ring of death because now it is just a red dot of death, problem solved. I may still get one though, it's styling will look nice next to my Ps3.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I liked the way they fixed all their issues with the new slim. You can never get a red ring of death because now it is just a red dot of death, problem solved. I may still get one though, it's styling will look nice next to my Ps3.
That's marketing at it's finest... the new xbox can't get the red ring of death because we didn't put red led's in the ring. But the new design and added vents should pretty much do away with most overheating issues.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Now you won't get a RROD, it will just shut down all the time :D

I do like the new look and the 360 still has the best controllers ever.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Now you won't get a RROD, it will just shut down all the time :D

I do like the new look and the 360 still has the best controllers ever.

I can't let you play that game J, so I'm shutting down.:eek::D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis