Netflix streaming 3D?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
So, there was an article early in the year somewhere that had a screen shot of there being a 3D option on Netflix on the PS3. The option was also quickly removed and nothing else was mentioned. About two weeks ago I started noticing some movies with 3D in the title, but hadn't heard anything about it being actually added. A few days ago, I accidentally hit a button on the remote and it said "you are going to start watching in 3D, hit enter to begin" but it didn't seem to work, and now I can't get that to come up again.

Today, I noticed they actually have a category for 3D and the 3D movies are categorized there. I fired a few of them up though, and they don't seem to actually display in 3D, because my TV does not recognize them and pop up the icon showing that it is displaying 3D. I searched display options and found no new options under the PS3 settings or Netflix settings, so I presume they have not fully enabled this functionality. I presume this means however that they will be turning it on very soon.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Another development - Disney

I read the article some time ago that Netflix had inked the deal with Disney giving them exclusive rights to Disney films. I thought it said that was not effective until 2016, however apparently that only meant the exclusive part. Today, there are a selection of Disney films now available for streaming on Netfilx.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks, John. I just checked, and my ISP doesn't support it yet, either.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Thats why I haven't signed up withany of those streaming companies...that and a foolish bandwidth cap up here in Canada

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis