Netflix Gets Updated: Searching That Doesn’t Suck

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Netflix Gets Updated: Searching That Doesn’t Suck
07/26/2010 Written by Corey Schwanz

With last week’s announcement that a major change would be coming to Netflix on PS3 in the coming months, including disc-less streaming, it looks like Netflix slyly introduced a nifty little function — one that even the 360 doesn’t have yet.

Ahh…finally. Searching that makes sense. Instead of having to use the obnoxious category system, Netflix users now have another option. You can navigate to the Search column and merely type in the first letter of the movie or television show that you want to watch and a list will appear on the right side of the screen. This list gradually gets smaller and smaller as you continue to type in the name of your program. This way you can venture out into newer content rather than sticking to your “liked” column cause it’s easier. Make sure to listen to PlayStation LifeStyle for the news coming later this fall on the Netflix major updates as well!

Source: PSLS

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Great news, especially since I just got my PS3 netflix disc a few days ago. I don't know why they didn't implement searching like that from day one, it's not like DVR's haven't been doing this for years.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I was actually streaming yesterday when this came out...and it kicked me off. I did the update, but didn't go back into Netflix so I didn't even notice the new interface. Most likely in preparation for getting rid of the disc later this year. They didn't release a search system like this before because they had to rush something out in Java so they would be able to say they have Netflix, and for legal reasons, a Java app was how it had to be done.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
They could have still updated their java app once they finally got it out initially... but either way, I just got it so I don't really care, all I care about is streaming without the disc.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Angry Beavers : Season 1?!?!?! Sounds like a show I should be watching. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis