Netflix - Army of the Dead (Beware Fake Dead Pixel)

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I like David Batista, he seems like a humble guy during his interviews and he was great as Drax in Guardians of The Galaxy. That being said, this movie did not look good from the previews, but decided to watch it last night. It was about as I expected, low on character development, plot and acting, high on slow motion and Zombies :eek:

It did have some entertainment value, but BIG CONCERN WHEN I THOUGHT MY TV HAD DEAD PIXELS:
  • They must have had issue with the digital camera they filmed with and didn't bother to fix it.
  • There is glaringly noticeable group dead pixel(s) (thought it was my TV)
  • Happens 1/2 way through the movie when they are down by the vault
  • I immediately freaked out, tested my TV with other content and was happy to report, not the TV
  • Watched the scene on another TV to make sure and the dead pixels were still there
It does go away after 20 minutes, but how could they miss that. I could see pixels sitting 12 feet back from a 65" TV. Be warned before you watch the movie, that it is not your TV. o_O

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I like David Batista, he seems like a humble guy during his interviews and he was great as Drax in Guardians of The Galaxy. That being said, this movie did not look good from the previews, but decided to watch it last night. It was about as I expected, low on character development, plot and acting, high on slow motion and Zombies :eek:

It did have some entertainment value, but BIG CONCERN WHEN I THOUGHT MY TV HAD DEAD PIXELS:
  • They must have had issue with the digital camera they filmed with and didn't bother to fix it.
  • There is glaringly noticeable group dead pixel(s) (thought it was my TV)
  • Happens 1/2 way through the movie when they are down by the vault
  • I immediately freaked out, tested my TV with other content and was happy to report, not the TV
  • Watched the scene on another TV to make sure and the dead pixels were still there
It does go away after 20 minutes, but how could they miss that. I could see pixels sitting 12 feet back from a 65" TV. Be warned before you watch the movie, that it is not your TV. o_O
They shot the movie with an 8k camera. Zack used a specific lens that kept the character in focus but blurred the background. It was a director choice. Some won’t mind it, some will hate it.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I haven't seen this yet, but I've been eyeballing it. Is it good?

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I haven't seen this yet, but I've been eyeballing it. Is it good?
Haven’t watched it yet. Maybe tonight. I’ve heard it was a fun movie. Some people have had mixed reactions, but I think overall it’s been positive.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
They shot the movie with an 8k camera. Zack used a specific lens that kept the character in focus but blurred the background. It was a director choice. Some won’t mind it, some will hate it.
Not sure your point on this, I was talking about the spot of dead looking pixels on your screen, the cinematography is fine.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
There may be a point some might consider a spoiler here so read on with caution. Enjoyed it, but it was frustrating at times. Audio was good enough. Not sure how much of the visual effects were originally planned or done in the edit as one of the actors was replaced entirely and the new actor digitally placed in their stead in many scenes. I'm guessing this is why many things were out of focus and digitally smudged though use of the "Dream Lens" is responsible for most of it. I put Snyder in the same camp as Lucas and Cameron. They like to jerk off over the technicals. The writing, usually their own, sucks and some actors' performances suffer for it since a third person isn't directing it. Can't say I noticed the dead pixels. Though, I am grateful none of the zombies were named Martha.:D

Last edited:
M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Not sure your point on this, I was talking about the spot of dead looking pixels on your screen, the cinematography is fine.
Just putting some technical out there. I don’t think there is a pixel problem. Just might be your TV. Haven’t seen or heard anybody else mention what you said.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Just putting some technical out there. I don’t think there is a pixel problem. Just might be your TV. Haven’t seen or heard anybody else mention what you said.
Actually, it's all over the web and not my TV. I tried it on two TVs with the same problem, maybe they were able to resolve the issue.

Anyone else notoce the hot pixel on one of the cameras used for Army Of The Dead? : netflix (reddit.com)

(15) Army of the Dead (2021 Netflix Movie) - Dead Pixels, Zack Snyders Camera is broken - YouTube

No, it's not a dead pixel! Army of the Dead viewers panic over Netflix movie glitch (thefocus.news)

Last edited:
H

Huey645

Audioholic
Watched the movie last night, and saw the dead pixel as well. It's definitely part of the picture, and glad I saw this thread before watching. Not a fan of these movies usually, but this one was entertaining. Had a neat twist which I wish they would have explored further.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Absolute dog shite. This movie was terrible. I'd be generous in giving it a 2/10, and I'm usually pretty liberal in giving out decent movie ratings. I even like most of the stuff Snyder has put out. But this was abysmal.

Do yourself a favor and don't waste the 2.5 hours of your life you'll give up watching this steaming pile of garbage.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis