Need Universal DVD for Recording Studio

W

widrace

Audiophyte
Hello all, I'm new here, and ask for suggestions of a high audio quality unit that's less than $1000.00 (new or used). Video performance is secondary.

This player would feed my console's analog inputs. The Control Room has 5 correctly placed full-range monitors, so there is no need for bass management, delay, or any of that kinda stuff.

Plans also include getting a projector in the $500.00 range (used) for watching concert DVD's and such.

Some confusion exists here with DTS (and the like) playback too. I know that the SACD and DVD-Audio will be derived at the analog outputs, but what about DTS? Is that output typically seen at the analog outs, or do I need to use a decoder of some sort and then feed that to the console too? Not having to do that would be good.

Poking around the net I see Denon 3910/30, Teac, Otto and Marantz products that all appear as contenders but I don't understand all the ifs/ands/butts.

It appears to me that it's preferred that DSD is not converted to PCM, and some, maybe all Marantz/Otto produts have this 'native' DSD feature.

Thank you in advance!

J

jamie2112

Banned
Oppo is a very good choice for your studio......3 models to chose from and great price for performance......

W

widrace

Audiophyte
Oopp's....Oppo that's it! ...obvious noob here.
Thank you for the replys.

Do the Oppo's output decoded DTS etc. on the analog outs along with DVD-A and SACD?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
..projector in the $500.00 range (used)...
A bit off topic, but since you mentioned it.

I would strongly warn against buying a used projector. Since you rarely know the lamp hours, or true condition of the projector, and it is often out of warranty, it's typically a lousy deal. You can get a brand new, 720p HD projector for under $800 - just a few bucks more - and be far better off. Mitsubishi HC1500 I believe is the model that meets that price point brand new.

W

widrace

Audiophyte
BMXTRIX...

I was going to get around to asking the question you just answered.

Thank you for the product lead, and I will heed your advice on the used 'deals'.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis