Need to ask a silly question? DVD connection to 1600 yammy receiver

J

jc1carter829@ho

Audioholic Intern
The connection between the DVD and the Receiver is the optical connection. My questio is, do you still need to connect the RCA connections left, right, surround, center and subwoofer?? What about the digital coax connections?? What is the best way to get the TRUE 5.1 surround sound?? Thank you in advance.....

B

BostonMark

Audioholic
Digital Out

Analog outs are typically for SACD or DVD-Audio. Does your DVD player play these formats? For Dolby Digital, DTS and other digital processing, you only need to hook up the digital connection.

J

jc1carter829@ho

Audioholic Intern
so to ask another question, do I just need to hook up the digital coax connection and the audio RCA too!!! and do I keep the optical connection or get rid of it????

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
jc1carter829@ho said:
so to ask another question, do I just need to hook up the digital coax connection and the audio RCA too!!! and do I keep the optical connection or get rid of it????
For "true" digital surround sound use either the optical or digital coax. Pick one, it makes no difference.

You do not need the RCA connection.

Last edited:
GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Use either optical or digital coax, not both, and you don't need to connect the RCA's, the digital connection will play everything.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis