Need surround advice please

L

Luciow282

Audiophyte
Hey new guy hear so please go easy on me hehehe

I currently have a Yamaha HTR-5750 6.1 receiver that im using to power my two paradigm 11se mkiii speakers that i snagged on a local site and on that site someone is selling a pair of Paradigm 5SE MK II speakers for $100. My question is would it be worth it to snag them to slowly add to make my 6.1 system? i would be using the MK II as left/right rear surrounds and eventually i would find 2 center channels to fufill the system. Currently im LOVING my 11SE MKIII's and want something that would sound awesome and work well with my current Fronts.

Also on that note with my speakers what would you recommend for center Front and Rear channels?

All advice is welcome thanks in advance.

L

Luciow282

Audiophyte
Quick thing i forgot to mention is i have them running on speakers A+B. A is the tweeters and mids and B is the 2 8" inch subs.

ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
Surrounds don't need to be 'voiced' the same as your fronts but your front center should be. It might be an idea to maybe use these for your center speakers (they might sound similar instead of getting a different brand speaker) down the road if you get different surrounds later. As far as pricing, if they are in good shape it is an ok price. If you really like the sound of paradigms go for it, it's only money:cool:

btw bi-amping probably not getting you much in the way of performance boost IMO

L

Luciow282

Audiophyte
should i just put the bar back on then and run one cable each to my mains? also how would i make it a proper center with two of them? or one in the front and one in the back?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis