Need recommandation for speaker cable

A

airwolff

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Hello everyone,
It's my first time to get here, hope have good time with you to exchange personal experience or opinon... &nbsp;

I'm looking for a suitble speaker cable for my system. The equips I'm using:
Speaker: Sonus Faber Concertino
Pre-amp: Sony TAE9000ES
Power-amp: Rotel RB985
DVD/CD: Pioneer DV-747A (JP version, same as 733A)
Int'connect: Proco 120sx??
Except most movie usage, I also like OSTs, and other symphony CDs.
Many appreciated if someone would provide some suggestion for a suitable speaker for this combination. &nbsp;
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>Given your set-up and equipment profile, you should be fine with ordinary 12AWG Oxygen Free multi stranded cables. &nbsp;Many companies such as Monster, Acoustic Research, and others offer these types of cables. &nbsp;For best results, I recommend terminating the speaker side with either spades or bananas and the amp side with banana plugs. &nbsp;For more cable info, visit:

Cable Budget Guidelines

Cable Principles

Try to keep your speaker wire runs as short as possible and try not to parallel run them with power cables.

Cable Set-Up Tips</font>

A

airwolff

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Thanks very much, Gene.
I'll take a hard study on your articles first. &nbsp;
</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Excellent recommendations and articles. &nbsp;I personally use Acoustic Research 10AWG silver plated wire. &nbsp;It is built well, has great banana terminations. &nbsp;I was thinking about soaking it in chicken fat so that the electrons would pass thru the wires more quickly. &nbsp;Of wait, this isn't Audioasylum. &nbsp;This type of nonsense won't fly here &nbsp;
</font>

B

Bubba

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Ha good one. &nbsp;Lets not mention the AA place here. &nbsp;We don't want to confuse the truth with insolence and ignorance. &nbsp;These forums are refreshing as they offer an alternative to all of the hyperbola.</font>

B

BigDaddyD

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>PartsExpress.com sells a good quality cable, SoundKing, for relatively cheap ($.30 or so per foot for 14ga). Also take a look at the four packs of Dayton banana connectors. I purchased a 50' roll of 14 ga and 5 packs of the bananas when they were on sale for $5 a pack and the cable was $15. So, for $40 I made cables for all my speakers (L/R/C and then two runs to a wall outlet for my surrounds).  
</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Try Markertek.com. &nbsp;They offer Canare, Belden, WPW, et al, and you can have them configured to your liking, or roll your own. &nbsp;And at very reasonable prices.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis