Need Info On Receivers

H

HDNOVICE

Audiophyte
I need to know if I can run both my HD cable box and my dvd through my receiver. Does my receiver have to be able to do this (HD READY) or can I just hook it up. The receiver is a RCA STAV-4090.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Hook cable up to tv. Hook dvd video out to receiver dvd input. Hook dvd audio out to dvd audio in on receiver. Hook dvd video out on receiver to video in on tv. Hook monitor out/in on tv to monitor out/in on receiver. Switch tv to video. Turn volume down. Switch receiver to dvd. Put in dvd & enjoy!

Last edited:
H

hopjohn

Full Audioholic
Since your receiver does not have component video inputs, you cannot use the component outputs (if any) from your dvd player or HD cable box.

If you have a HDTV, hook the component video outouts of each device directly to the tv, and hook the digital audio from each to the receiver. Use the receiver to switch audio sources, and the tv to switch video sources.

If you do not have a HDTV hook both audio and video to the reciever using s-video connections, and then connect the receiver's video monitor out to an available TV s-video input. You can then set the TV to the appropriate input, and switch audio and video sources from the receiver.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis