K

kavuking4

Audiophyte
Ok, here's the deal, I have a digital cable box, a dvd/vcr combo player, and an xbox. I need to hook all of these up to the tv. First I just tryed using the rf mod i been using to watch dvd's on my xbox so i wouldn't get the fade effect and it worked, but now that i have a dvd player i don't need it anymore. the rf modulator worked, but when i try using the av cables that came with the xbox to hook it up i can't figure out what to do and where to start. If you could help me out I'd appreciate it greatly.

M

Mr.T

Audioholic
OK, you did not mention what kind of TV you have and if it has component video input - S-Video or DVI considering your digital set top converter box has DVI output as well. Anyway, I'll make it simple.

I would use component video to connect the DVD/VCR combo to the TV or S-Video as you wish, both video connections will give you a good picture. Don't forget that's just a video connection, than you must connect the L/R (White and red) audio wires to the TV as well.

Use composite video and audio for the Xbox. Coaxial RF cable for the set top converter box to the TV if your TV has a tuner or a digital connection if available from both sources.

Mr.T

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis