Z

zuraw9

Audiophyte
im not really good with audio and have basic to modereate electrical skills. what im trying to do is set up a sound system but its not coming out too well. I got about 5 stereo speakers that i got from two different stereo towers. What i want to do i connect them to my compueter but have no idea how. i know ill need an amplifier of some sort but dont want to spend too much money. What do i buy and how do i ste thsi thing up. thx

D

dillweed

Junior Audioholic
zuraw9 said:
I got about 5 stereo speakers that i got from two different stereo towers.
You mean you took the tweeters from two tower speakers that were made from two different manufactures? Can you be more precise as to what speakers you have?

Speaker issues aside. You are going to need a sound card with a digital out (optical/coax). Run the digital out cable to a Receiver with a matching digital in. Plug speakers into receiver and you should be set.

I don't know what kind of sound quality you want but an alternative would be to buy computer speakers that can be hooked directly to your computers sound card. This option would save you the cost of the receiver.

Z

zuraw9

Audiophyte
i have an integrated sound card. im fully aware that's not teh best quality sound but is there somesort of a converter that i can get that would convert the normal computer audio plug into a corresponding digital in fopr a receiver? thx for the halp.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis