Need help with Whole house audio setup

D

deloachs

Audiophyte
I purchased a house that had a whole home audio setup but they disconnected everything and I am trying to put it back together. I have in-ceiling speakers all coming into my entertainment center. I have a Russound speaker selector, a Servo 600 Amp and added a 1Mii B06Pro to stream Bluetooth. But I can't figure out how to connect it all. Pictures of all are attached... Any help would be appreciated.

So the way I have it setup (not working) is ceiling speaker zone, I have many but only one is plugged in at the moment is Red to Red, Black to Black, Green to Black (just a guess don't know how it is wired to the speaker), white to red (two speakers in the zone) to the zone selector (Ressound), then red and black on Ressound where is says to amp to the Amp Channel 1 red and black. Then the 1 Mii to channel 1 input. I connect to the 1Mii from my phone (Bluetooth) and start streaming music but does not play on speaker. Where did I go wrong?

WIres.jpg

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I purchased a house that had a whole home audio setup but they disconnected everything and I am trying to put it back together. I have in-ceiling speakers all coming into my entertainment center. I have a Russound speaker selector, a Servo 600 Amp and added a 1Mii B06Pro to stream Bluetooth. But I can't figure out how to connect it all. Pictures of all are attached... Any help would be appreciated.

So the way I have it setup (not working) is ceiling speaker zone, I have many but only one is plugged in at the moment is Red to Red, Black to Black, Green to Black (just a guess don't know how it is wired to the speaker), white to red (two speakers in the zone) to the zone selector (Ressound), then red and black on Ressound where is says to amp to the Amp Channel 1 red and black. Then the 1 Mii to channel 1 input. I connect to the 1Mii from my phone (Bluetooth) and start streaming music but does not play on speaker. Where did I go wrong?

View attachment 62508
We are not going to sort that 'bird's nest" out from here. It is clear you need to hire a professional. Honestly those systems are so yesterday. They have been replaced by systems like Sonos.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Welcome to AH.
Looking at your picture, it seems the previous owner marked the wires if all is readable. I see on has "patio" on it.
If all is readable, at least you are ahead of the game which wire goes where. You may need help with the rest though.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

View attachment 62508
If you guess, you will blow up amps. It looks as if most rooms have two speakers, a couple of rooms have one. What is in the rooms, are there volume controls and if so are they impedance matching or not?

Until you know that, then you don't know what sort of amp you need. Are you certain the speakers were not removed. No one can make sense of this until at least that much is known.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
Have you perhaps considered contacting your Real Estate agent and asking him to inquire from the original owner about the audio system. If the owner is still in the area, he may even visit to explain how everything is configured. After all he did label all the cables, instead of just moving out and leaving a jungle of wires

No harm in asking, you just never know.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
If wired properly, then red and white are the right speaker in each room and white and green are the left. White is 'red' and 'green' is black.

I would not use the Bluetooth device, though that's a perfectly acceptable source. Instead, I would look for a streaming product/device which uses wi-fi. This way, you can go anywhere in your home and things will work and it will not have Bluetooth dropouts. The Wiim Pro I believe is a 'cheap' solution which can do this nicely and is a lot less than a Sonos Port or a Bluesound Node device.

I expect your speaker selector isn't powerful enough to run the amplifier you have listed, but you need to triple check specifications. As well, I'm not sure if you got a speaker selector with integrated volume control, or if you have volume controls in each room to adjust audio volume levels, in which case it may be okay.

It would be helpful to include brand names along with specific model numbers and a link to each page so we can review the exact product you purchased.

Either way, it sounds like things are running properly. It would be good for you to pull a single set of speakers in each room to double check that red/black and white/green were used for the speakers, but that is industry standard.

Need a bit more information overall, but you aren't terribly far off it sounds like except you may have ZERO volume control in each room at this point.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis