Earthquake Cinenova 5 Channel power amp
Klipsch La Scala Speakers
Tannoy 12" Dual Concentric Speakers
Klipsch Heresy Center Speaker
Niles SSVC 2 speaker selector/volume controller
2 subwoofers
6 surround speakers
Various source devices

I currently have both the Klipsch and Tannoy as my "Main" speakers. I do this because they sound great together. I'm using 3 of the 5 channels of the Cinenova to power the Mains and Center, running the L/R through the Niles volume control. The reason I am doing it this way is because the Klipsch are significantly louder than the Tannoys and when I play them together I want to be able to "balance" them, which I can do with the Niles volume controller. I can also shut either of them ON/OFF with the controller. I'm using the Denon to power all of the surround speakers. So, I have 2 available amp channels from the Cinenova. Now for my question. Is there a way I can set this up where I can use the 2 available amp channels to power one of the sets of "Main" speakers (as opposed to using 2 channels to power both Main sets) while still being able to control the volume of individual sets with the Niles (or some other device)? I would still like to be able to turn either set of "Main" speakers ON/OFF. I'm guessing I'll need to split the Main L/R output from the Denon to start with. Any advice appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Do you mean bi amping? I suppose you could, but why? To be honest, you don’t even need an external amp power your fronts, or a separate volume control since you should be using the level trim in the avr. If the tannoy are less efficient than the Klipsch, I’d be using the amp to power those, and the avr to power the fronts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis