Need help with creating home theatre (audio is new

C

canali

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Can anyone kindly make a few suggestions for creating a quality home theatre system without breaking the bank?

Two obstacles I face: my audiophile buds say to avoid multichannel as the ''musicality quality&quot; is not that of 2 channel (they love tube amps) and in addition, I am considering either the pioneer elite multichannel amp (VSX 49Txi along with their universal dvd audio/sacd player the 47ai?) OR a Parasound multichannel amp (A52) and their preamp (P3) but a parasound rep in vancouver said i'd also need a processor which would hit my wallet for $5000 GULP!)

Currently I have a mid sized room with 2 pairs of book shelf speakers: mission 731 pros and the B&amp;W 805 matrix series 2...I'm using my (6 yr old 2 channel )NAD 710 currently on my missions but it is not sufficient to drive my B&amp;W 805 matrixes...can you please make a few suggestions for a half decent quality system that is versatile for both multichannel and 2 channel (I switch between DVDs and CDs regularly)that won't have me seeing my mortgage broker and needing to upgrade for a good 4-6 yrs ...this is one thing i hate about
buying digital (ie, universal dvd players/multichannel reciever and processors) is that they change so quickly with the next yrs's model being both cheaper and better than the current one you have.

Joe Collins
Vancouver BC
joseph.collins@telus.com</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis