Need help with Center Channel speaker (Bowers and Wilkins)

B

Ba340challenger

Audiophyte
Hello all,
I recently joined the forums, I am in the process of building a new home and laying out my great room. However, I have a bit of a dilemma when it come to center channel selection. Here is what I have so far. Front L & R speakers are B&W CWM 663 and center/rear surrounds are in ceiling CCM 663. Our Tv will be mounted on a stone wall above the fireplace. Space is some what limited for a center channel speaker, I was going to recess a HTM 61 or 62 into the wall and build it into the mantel. Is this possible? Any In-wall center channels that will work with my setup?

Much apperciated

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

First of all, if you will be sitting the usual 10-12 ft. from the TV, you will soon regret putting it up so high. As far as recessing your center channel speaker in the wall, it’s not the best tact but will probably sound far better than any so-called in wall speaker.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

B

Ba340challenger

Audiophyte
Wayne,
Thanks for the quick response. I understand the TV location is not ideal, however we did not have many options given the room layout. I also know that floor standing speakers are preferred over in-wall and in-ceiling speakers. That said, my wife wanted to keep the room as open and clean looking as possible. Is the HTM 61 or 62 going to overpower the CWM663's?

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

Assuming you’re using a standard A/V receiver, they have internal level adjustments for each speaker, so there’s no reason one should overpower another.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Assuming you’re using a standard A/V receiver, they have internal level adjustments for each speaker, so there’s no reason one should overpower another.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
No, but it may stand up sound quality wise if the speaker is by far better quality. I don't say this is the case now as I'm not familiar with those speakers, but it is possible.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis