need help with audio delay!

K

Kevin Worley

Audiophyte
I recently purchased a Sony 46XBR2 HDTV, and I am trying desperately to be happy with the purchase. I live in Dallas and have ordered Time-Warner Cable to be installed, but they are booked more than a month out due to high demand of late (I suppose others are sick of Directv as well!). For the moment, I have an upconverting DVD player connected to my (older) Pioneer Elite receiver--VSX43TX via a digital audio coax cable and to the new tv via a HDMI cable. There is a painfully annoying delay from audio to video, but I can't seem to adjust the receiver for audio delay. Am I headed back to spend some more money on a new HDMI compaitble receiver, or is there something else I can do?

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Welcome to the forum Kevin!

Your receiver has delays in either 1" or 0.5' increments. Look it up in the manual and adjust accordingly (setup menu). Happy listening.

K

Kevin Worley

Audiophyte
Thanks, JohnD; flad to be here. Unfortunately, this receiver was a replacement for my previous Elite, which died. I did not receive an owener's manual with the replacement. Are you familiar enough with this receiver to direct me as to how to proceed? I thought I had gone through every function I could imagine and couldn't find the delay. Thanks very much.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
I think johnd was talking about speaker delay which is set by telling the receiver the distance to each speaker.

The audio delay issue requires a feature commonly known as 'lip sync' delay. You might want to try the Pioneer website to find a manual and see if that model has a lip sync delay feature.

K

Kevin Worley

Audiophyte
Yes, that is what I thought. I started to call it the "lip-sync" delay but wasn't sure if that was the correct function term. Mine doesn't have it, of course, and I simply can't live with the delay. Back I go for a new receiver. High-end video begets high-end audio and so the story goes (and so goes my savings!). Thank you both.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis