Need help setup up new whole house audio with home theater

saregama

saregama

Audiophyte
Hi All

I do not know much about whole house audio and home theater systems. I am building my new home and want to setup whole house audio system with a home theater system. I looked into htd.com but also read some of the not so good reviews on this forum. I am attaching the diagram explaining the system I want. I would appreciate if anyone can help me find correct equipments etc. Any feedback on the design is much appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not much to go on, particularly budget and number of speakers in each zone desired. If you don't know much about the subject, might think about hiring a professional. Or learning so you can make equipment/wiring decisions....

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Most AVRs can only handle up to 3 zones, so you will likely need an AVR for the home theatre room and then a whole home audio system for the other areas. For a project that size and considering that it's a new build, I would also recommend a professional installer working with your contractor.

Looks like you have an open concept living and kitchen area. That does not lend itself well to home theatre. You have no place for rear speakers unless on stands right behind the couch (or on a long table behind the couch) and for side surrounds the bay window will present a problem. If you have cathedral ceilings then proper locations for ATMOS speakers could be an issue as well. For rooms like that it is often better to go with a good 3.1 or 3.2 setup and maybe some height speakers if you can't place the surrounds at ear level. For 7.1.4 you want a rectangular room not open to the kitchen and with normal ceiling height. For open concept rooms a few good speakers can work better than a lot of poorly placed speakers.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis