Need help: Nakamichi 9.2 & Samsung TV

D

Dave T

Audiophyte
Recently purchased Naka 9.2.4 surround system, trying to get it to work with Samsung UN60JU6500 TV (2015). Followed all install/troubleshooting information, can't get it to work with TV using HDMI ARC ports. Demo works properly, Naka turns on & off with TV but there is no sound. When I do a CEC search the TV shows: (Nakamichi) as it's searching but then when the search is over it shows: "No device found". I have all TV settings as per instructions.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
How about not using ARC? HDMI-CEC doesn't always play well with differing brands....

D

Dave T

Audiophyte
I guess since that is supposed to be best. Next is optical...right? Or do you have a better idea? I'm new to this so I am all ears, eyes too!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I guess since that is supposed to be best. Next is optical...right? Or do you have a better idea? I'm new to this so I am all ears, eyes too!
I'd just try turning ARC/HDMI-CEC off and see if that does it before moving to optical.

D

Dave T

Audiophyte
Do you mean turning it on before turning on the sound bar? When I have them connected on HDMI/ARC the sound bar turns on automatically after I turn on the TV. I did turn off the HDMI CEC as you suggested which leaves only optical available besides TV speakers. So I unplugged everything including power, then powered them and turned them on. Then hooked them up with optical, played a movie from Amazon (in Dolby), the bar and subs worked, but no sound from the side and back speakers.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Do you mean turning it on before turning on the sound bar? When I have them connected on HDMI/ARC the sound bar turns on automatically after I turn on the TV. I did turn off the HDMI CEC as you suggested which leaves only optical available besides TV speakers. So I unplugged everything including power, then powered them and turned them on. Then hooked them up with optical, played a movie from Amazon (in Dolby), the bar and subs worked, but no sound from the side and back speakers.
Generally the hdmi sink (the display) being powered on first could help hdmi handshake issues, it has for me the few times I had a combo that didn't play nicely together (particular bluray players in my case). So if you turn off HDMI CEC you lose the connection via hdmi altogether? Optical is capable of lossy codecs like DTS or Dolby Digital (5.1) so what channels particularly do you not get output? Might see what the output audio settings for optical are set to in your tv.

Are you using smart tv apps primarily?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis