Need help for surround matching my B&W CM10

P

Patrick Mo

Audiophyte
Hi,
This is my first post. Really need help, I can't find my answer anywhere.

I currently have B&W CM10 Floorstanding, the CM center 2 and current surround speakers are Klipsch RB-61. All driven by an Arcam AVR350. Subwoofer is Paradigm ultracube 12.

I am moving and my huge RB-61 won't fit in the back. They can't be hanged as my current setup, and they are too ugly to be on stands.

Guy in the store was average and he recommended the M-1, because he really recommended me to stay within B&W to keep the same tone. M-1 are really easy to fit anywhere, but sound wise I'm a bit scared. Would I have the sound effect of a 747 passing in the front and a Cessna in the back? I know that most of the time the sound track is 90% in front, but would it reduce the quality of my experience to have such a discrepancy between front and back speakers quality?

If so, what do you recommend as a decent back speakers?

I wanted to use Focal Dome: compact and beautiful, but I don't know if they would match my B&W setup.
Aesthetically wise, I need the speakers to be white.

Thanks for your help!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I say find some CM1 bookshelf speakers to go along with your CM10 and CM2.

But I think the M1 will be just fine too.

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I have a pretty loose attitude about timbre matching the front and surround speakers. Our ears have evolved to hear better in the direction we are facing and not near so sensitive to a front to rear transition as a front left to center to front right transition.
Obviously your Klipsch and the B&W's are not close to a timbre match. Not having heard a match that far apart, I would be a little reluctant to try that, but you would know if it presented you with noticable inconsistencies!
Since you mentioned the Focals, I wanted to point you to a screaming deal on wall mounted Focal Superbirds. At a whopping 18.825" high, these are not tiny, but not nearly as visually heavy as the Klipsch. They are normally $400 each and they are being sold new by Accessories4Less for $250 a pair (BOGO):

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/focalsupbirdeablka/focal-super-bird-5.5-2-way-on-wall-speaker-black-each-bogo-free/1.html#!specifications

Good luck with your decision!

Edit: Sorry, the white ones must have sold well, only the black ones are still BOGO!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis