Need help for HT set-up

bluesguy

bluesguy

Audiophyte
Looking for advice or recommendations for the following:

1.Have a room that I want to make a music/movie room. It is 11' X15' and is carpeted.
It has drywall walls and has a sofa/loveseat and a small upholstered chair in it.
It also has a sliding glass door that leads to a patio.
2.The music that I would be listening to would be blues and smooth jazz primarily
3.I want to buy a dvd player, a receiver, and a sub-woofer. I already have a pair of Klipsch rf-25 floor-standing speakers
4.Am not looking for wall mounted speakers or anything like that as I can’t mount Anything on the wall as I live in a 2-bedroom town-house that I pay rent for. Do not want to mar or damage the walls in any way.
5.Floor standing speakers would be my best bet I think.
6.Currently I have a CRT TV which I plan to upgrade in the future, perhaps in the Fall.
7.I also have a Pioneer SX1010 receiver pumping out 100 watts a channel. Old technology, but still functional. Plan to upgrade to another receiver down the road.
8.Currently I plan to connect the speakers to the receiver and the TV to the receiver so that I can listen to movies and music via the DVD player.
9.What kind of wiring/cable should I purchase to connect everything together.
10.I have a budget of about $2500, so what do you suggest in a DVD player, Receiver and sub-woofer for now. I also will need some sort of rack to house the Receiver, DVD player, and the like.

Thanks in advance for any/all assistance/suggestions,
bluesguy

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis