Need help choosing a surround sound

P

Project LFA

Audiophyte
So after a while of wanting to upgrade from the current Panasonic surround sound I have, the opportunity has come, but I'm fairly new to this so I need some help.

Budget: 1800 max with speakers/receiver

Alright, gonna try and keep it short: I want a 5.1 surround sound, with an amp that will allow me to upgrade speakers without having to buy an entire new amp,7 channel even but it is not necessary. I NEED SMALL/SMALLER SPEAKERS, I can't get bulky speakers because this will be for my room, and I do sit close to my speakers. The speakers will be used for my PC/Xbox/Blu Ray/iPhone. I mainly will be using them to listen to rap/R&B/EDM, so bass heavy would be preferable, I could even just eventually get a new subwoofer and keep the rest of the speakers.

I know I'm gonna get nagged for this, but I was looking into a Bose Acoustimass 10 Series IV/Pioneer VSX-1127-K/VSX-1122-K combo for about $1600, I'm on the fence about it after reading tons of negative reviews on the speakers

I was also looking at the Kef T100's ($1100) plus a pioneer amp, but I'm really not sure if they are any good. A friend also recommend a set of Polk Audio (RM6750) HELP!

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Not well known in the USA - however, this is the only
small set that interest me. >> I have owned speakers
from them before and thay build good stuff. Even that
sub looks good and quality built for the size, and is a
heavy one. I would give that sub a chance, and looks
to be good for music.

Use to list for around $2000, and under $500 holiday price.
I would put this on a short list.
Accessories4less: High End Audio at Low End Prices!

http://www.acoustic-energy.co.uk/

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis