Need good audio discs for showroom

av-man

av-man

Audioholic
Hey.y'all
I need some titles for good demo material on DVD-a and SACD. preferably something that will not only show off the equipment but appeal to the majority of customers.
Thanks,
Allen

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Hey.y'all
I need some titles for good demo material on DVD-a and SACD. preferably something that will not only show off the equipment but appeal to the majority of customers.
Thanks,
Allen
Allison Krause, if she's available on DVD-A and SACD.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Demo disc related

av-man said:
Hey.y'all
Thanks,
Allen
Blue Man Group - The Complex (DVD - DTS) makes for some very good demo material that has great audio and visuals for wow effect.

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
agarwalro said:
Blue Man Group - The Complex (DVD - DTS) makes for some very good demo material that has great audio and visuals for wow effect.
I can truly second this. Excellent/Superb disc... For sound and visual...

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon SACD (The classic rock album)

Insane Clown Posse - The Wraith DVDA (The hip-hop/rap album)

Metallica - Metallica / Black Album DVDA (The Heavy-Metal album)

Beethoven Symphony No.9 SACD/telarc (The classical album)

Progger58

Progger58

Junior Audioholic
PORCUPINE TREE - In Absentia (DVD-A)

Demetrio.

R

rschleicher

Audioholic
I have a couple of picks that probably seem strange (as demo disks)

- one of the "mid-year" Beatles CDs (like Help or Rubber Soul). The remastering of these was done very well, and the sound quality is very good. ("Drive My Car" as a song pick)

- Crash Test Dummies - "And God Shuffled His Feet" (or whatever the actual title is). Again, a good recording job. This song has some interesting layering of sounds, with an underlying static-like sound that starts the song, and is what is left as the song fades away. Plus, the singer's distinctive, deep voice makes for an unusual demo.

You might also want to get one of the Chesky Records demonstration disks. These have specific cuts of different kinds of music to demonstrate various sound or system attributes, like soundstage width, depth of soundstage, imaging, reproduction of male and female vocals, etc. Very helpful for comparing systems/speakers, and for helping people articulate what they are hearing into words.

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Just got the DTS Surround #9 demo disc.
I know, you were looking for audio only.
But this has a great mixture of both. It has audio in DTS 96/24, DTS Neo6, DTS ES Discrete, and DTS ES 6.1 Discrete. And yes I am even talking about the audio only portions..

This is by far the best demo disc I have ever seen and or heard.
And I have seen quite a few....

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
Oh, how this group loves to deal in obscurity. I'm not sure that Insane Clown Posse has the universal appeal you're looking for. However I am sure that if you are looking for something impressive, try Linkin Park's Reanimation on DVD-A. I know this has universal appeal since it has sold a zillion copies and I think they are working on the tenth remix of their album as we speak :) . Even if the music is a little hard for some, the extensive use of all speakers will impress nevertheless.

Since I see you are located in Alabama I'm sure you have more than a few country music fans. I know Faith Hill has a DVD-A version of at least one of her albums. I only heard it briefly, but it sounded decent.

The Best of REM is also excellent to show off some beautiful softer music as well as some agressive rock.

J

JPodL

Audiophyte
Hotel California-DVD-A
Ray Charles Genius Loves Company SACD
Dark Side of the Moon-SACD
Tchaikovsky: 1812 Overture-SACD

*Note, I have not heard any of these particular versions of these particular discs (I don't yet have a multi-channel set-up), but these are some I would use.*

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis