need frequency analyzer software for laptop

edwelly

edwelly

Full Audioholic
Hello all - I am looking for some cheap frequency analyzer software that I am install on my laptop, use a simple mic and test my system for any valleys or hills in my sound.
Suggestions???
THANKS!

edwelly

edwelly

Full Audioholic
Brian - thank you!!! Thank is exactly what I was looking for.

B

BGLeduc

Junior Audioholic
I recently bought a Behringer ECM8000; $49 at Muscian's Friend. To use it in this application requires a source of Phantom Power, whch I satisfied with a Behringer UB802 Mixer (another $49!).

Brian

B

BGLeduc

Junior Audioholic
I forgot to mention that RoomEQ Wizard also works with the Radio Shack SPL meter. The application has compensation fo the RS meter's "C" weighting, which represents the bulk of that device's innaccuracies.

That said, I like knowing that the Behringer has greater accuracy for both low and high frequency measurements, although I only do EQ work in the bass region.

Brian

ironlung

ironlung

Banned
BGLeduc said:
I forgot to mention that RoomEQ Wizard also works with the Radio Shack SPL meter. The application has compensation fo the RS meter's "C" weighting, which represents the bulk of that device's innaccuracies.

That said, I like knowing that the Behringer has greater accuracy for both low and high frequency measurements, although I only do EQ work in the bass region.

Brian
Do you know if the corrections for the RS meter are the same for the analog and digital meter? TIA.

B

BGLeduc

Junior Audioholic
I am not certain.

IIRC, I read a post at AVS that said that the line level output of the Digital RS meter did not apply the weighting, thus you would not want to use RommEQ Wizard with the C Weighting compensation. But I can not confirm that. It is accepted that the Analog meter's line out DOES apply the C Weighting.

The post where I read this may have been part of a huge thread relating to ETF software, but I would not guaranty that.

The uncertainty surrounding the various RS Meter correction factors is the main reason I opted for the Behringer mic and mixer/pre-amp. It is said to be dead nuts flat from 20 hertz well into the midrange, which is precisely what I want to measure.

Brian

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis