Need for speed - the run

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
Saw this ad on TV last night, ordered it today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
It looks cool, let us know what you think when you get to play. I love a good racer. I found the last NFS game the one that brought back hot pursuit to be overly-complicated with they types of races, classes and categories. I unlocked cars that I couldn't use. I just didn't understand it at all.

This one looks more story-driven which would be a first as far as I know for the NFS franchise.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
They said that simulators are not as popular as those that are more arcade style drivers. I am split, I like both, but the arcade style are easier to just pick up, unwind and play for fun. This one looks fun :)

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I saw the words "Michael Bay" and immediately tuned out.

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
It came yesterday {glad I went with free shipping, got next day!}, it was cold and rainy so it was a perfect day to curl on the couch and play. I am not a gaming expert, just enjoy sitting down and playing when the mood arrives. I don't sit there till I beat the game. My last game was NFS Hot Pursuit, which I enjoyed, and have not finished. This one is perhaps the same, but different. I guess its 'story driven', there is an opening interactive scene that leads you into the game. Then there is the racing {race, beat the clock, take out, pass so many...pretty much like Hot Pursuit}, then some interactive video scenes, which may or may not be needed, but interesting. There are plenty of chances to redo the video part, since I am not "one" with the controller :) And there is a 'rewind' {9x's} for when you screw up the racing segments, which helps. All in all, I say its worth a purchase, been enjoying it, but again, I am a casual old person playa! :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I saw the words "Michael Bay" and immediately tuned out.
I felt the same way, but as far as I can tell it is nothing more than camera angles in the cut scenes LOL! Anyone think Bay really had anything to do with the game? :rolleyes: Other than having cinematic sequences as DTS mentions, it is just a NFS game.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I felt the same way, but as far as I can tell it is nothing more than camera angles in the cut scenes LOL! Anyone think Bay really had anything to do with the game? :rolleyes: Other than having cinematic sequences as DTS mentions, it is just a NFS game.
Checked out the trailer and it sure felt like watching a Bay movie all right. :rolleyes:

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
If I am thinking of the same game, the fps is capped at 30. That would be a deal breaker for me in a game like this.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis