U

Unregistered

iam buying a subwoofer for my stereo tomorow now i jsut bought a brand new jvc rx-6042 right now i have some quest qt66 tower speakers with dual 6.5 inch woofers now they go down to about 38hz they put out great bass but i want a little more now my room is only about 10x15 8 feet celings what would u recomend a 8 inch 100rms sub or 10 inch 150rms sub thx

Polygon

Polygon

Audioholic
Well, either would be fine really.

Personally I would buy a Velodyne CHT-8 or CHT-10. Either would be a great subwoofer for a small room. The CHT-8 is 130 watts RMS and I think the CHT-10 is 150 watts RMS.

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
I suggest buying a "PERIOD" or two. What's with this no period stuff. I see it more and more. How hard is it? Do they teach this stuff in schools anymore?

Shinerman

?

English isn't THAT difficult

It's the Instant Message generation. They can't write a simple paragraph with proper punctuation, grammar, and spelling and can't add without a calculator.

Also they don't know the difference between:
lose and loose
your and you're
too, two, and to
there, their, and they're

It's depressing, really...

Polygon

Polygon

Audioholic
Yeah, the Internet seems to be a great place these days for people to use poor grammar and spelling. These days I'm just glad when it’s coherent.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
While we're at it, what's with those base and trebble controls?

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
What's really sad is I see this kind of crap in business related documents from time to time. People who "say" they have a degree can't seem to seperate their casual writing habits from their professional. I reviewed a document the other day that came from my office and the person wrote the letter "U" instead of "You". We had a little meeting after that. She looked at me like it was my problem not hers, because I could not "relate" to her. She won't last long. :eek:

Here's a tip for Mr. Unregistered who posted this topic. In order to avoid looking like a fool to people outside your circle of comfort, use proper english or at least put some puctuation in every now and then. I'm not the best at BASIC grammar but I don't come off looking foolish. Of course my answers to some questions may give this impression. :D

Shinerman

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
markw said:
While we're at it, what's with those base and trebble controls?

I not sure just do what i do turn them all the way to the right and enjoy! :p

Shiner....buuuuuurp.....man!

... said:
Also they don't know the difference between:
lose and loose
your and you're
too, two, and to
there, their, and they're
Oh, HUGE pet peeve... I can't stand the loose/lose thing...

Mudcat

Mudcat

Senior Audioholic
Guest Treatment

i are a mechanical enginenerd, yet i always try to make complete non runon sentences properly punctuated it is very difficult for one with my edumacation to do this luckily i do not have to put up with this at work.
(do you have any idea how difficult is was to write that?)

Also, I'll purposely refrain from answering a question posed like the one by the original poster, unless I can get some comic mileage out of it. Your mileage may vary. Though, there are exceptions. If a guest can positively be identified as a very young person (high school or earlier) who is seeking information that may keep him home working on acoustic physics, third and forth order electronic networks, and away from joining the ranks of the obnoxious loudest car crowd, then I'll try and help.

I was always taught by my parents to treat guests like family. Observing how we treat each other (registered members/family), guest should feel right at home.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis