Need a recommendation for earphones

T

Thorski

Audiophyte
Hi there, new to the forums. I signed up because I need an opinion on buying a new set of earphones.

To start with, I am on the autistic spectrum and have a high sensitivity to adverse and sudden noise. Because of this my employer has let me use earphones to drown the noise out.
They haven't however allowed me to play music on them, stupid I know. I do so regardless though.

I am currently using an old pair of noise cancelling earphones (in ear), but they're dying. And I just received a set of bose qc35 ii headphones for free in the p20 offer and I was really excited to use them in work as the noise cancelling is really good. What isn't good however is the fact you can hear everything I am playing if you're stood close to me even with the volume only turned up about 20% of the way.

So, my plan is to sell these and with the funds from them to buy another set.

I don't really have a preference of over ear vs in ear or vice versa, however if they are over ear they need to be small, certainly smaller than the bose qc35 at least.
What is an absolute must is being able to turn the volume up loud (ish) and for people next to me not be able to hear it too. They also need to be Bluetooth.

Hope you can help :)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Hi there, new to the forums. I signed up because I need an opinion on buying a new set of earphones.

To start with, I am on the autistic spectrum and have a high sensitivity to adverse and sudden noise. Because of this my employer has let me use earphones to drown the noise out.
They haven't however allowed me to play music on them, stupid I know. I do so regardless though.

I am currently using an old pair of noise cancelling earphones (in ear), but they're dying. And I just received a set of bose qc35 ii headphones for free in the p20 offer and I was really excited to use them in work as the noise cancelling is really good. What isn't good however is the fact you can hear everything I am playing if you're stood close to me even with the volume only turned up about 20% of the way.

So, my plan is to sell these and with the funds from them to buy another set.

I don't really have a preference of over ear vs in ear or vice versa, however if they are over ear they need to be small, certainly smaller than the bose qc35 at least.
What is an absolute must is being able to turn the volume up loud (ish) and for people next to me not be able to hear it too. They also need to be Bluetooth.

Hope you can help :)
I have been happy with these. A bit pricey, but they can also be had for ~$110 from time to time on sale.

https://rbhsound.com/epsb.php

NOTE: These are not noise cancelling, if you need that feature.

T

Thorski

Audiophyte
I did forget to mention that, they do need to be noise cancelling. But thank you for your reply.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm not the guy to recommend Bose to in most cases, but your situation is quite unique.
It is possible (I have no direct experience) that Bose QC30 maybe what you're looking for

T

Thorski

Audiophyte
Thanks for your reply mate, I was looking at these and they do seem to be a good choice.
Can anyone that owns these tell me what the sound is like to someone stood next to someone using these? How high can you turn the volume up before other people can hear it?

NorseMythology

NorseMythology

Junior Audioholic
Noise cancelling or isolating?

I like Etymotic ear buds, they have significant isolation, between 35-42db. I used to mow the lawn with them and you dont need them to be as loud since they are so isolating. (Saving you from hearing loss).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis