Need a Book on Ark Building. (Something recent)

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
As I sit here we currently have 4 inches of water in our basement. The storms that went through today were the worst I've seen in years, as rainfall goes anyway.
Even the combination of our new sump pump and a 1/3 HP back-up were no match.
We did have time to get most of our items out before the flood. And, no doubt, there are people in the area that probably fared far worse than us.
Tomorrow is clean up day. Rip out the carpet, remove the wood trim, cut back the drywall as far up as necessary. Oh joy, a day off of work.

We are taking reservations for th Ark. At this point we have: 2 Adults. 2 kids; should we choose to take them along. 2 Pugs, but at this point, only 1 cat.

Reservations are being accepted. And I'm pleased to announce that the first one to reserve a spot rides for free.

Offer does not apply to Florida residents. Lets face it, you guys already have way too many AH perks down that way and way too many green thingies next to your names. Yeah, just kidding.

Yours truly,
PO'd with wet stuff in Oshkosh

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
yikes. i know how you feel, except mine wasn't as worse, because we weren't living there yet.

how big (gallons capacity) was your sump tank?

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
yikes. i know how you feel, except mine wasn't as worse, because we weren't living there yet.

how big (gallons capacity) was your sump tank?
The pump is a 1/2 HP, supposedly top of the line model.:rolleyes: I'm not sure of it's Gallons per hour rating. I do know for a fact that it wasn't enough.:mad:

More rain 6 inches now.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
actually, i was asking about the sump pit, not the pump ... because no matter how big your pump is, if the pit is too small, it will never keep up with mother nature.

our new sump pit has a 2000 gallon capacity with DOUBLE 2HP pumps with backup of 1000 gallon sewage pit with DOUBLE 2HP pumps :) (but if the electricity fails, we're still dead)

side note: have you A/B'ed the Polk Monitor and Yamaha NS-333? comments?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
My igloo has a hole in the middle, where I can either pee, or have my trained polar bear fish for me.

SheepStar

J

jamie2112

Banned
My igloo has a hole in the middle, where I can either pee, or have my trained polar bear fish for me.

SheepStar
Does it get cold in your igloo Sheep? I had to move out of mine when the kids were old enough to have sleepovers.It just wasn't big enough for 12 kids 4 dogs and my pet gorilla "George"..Its hard to find a good igloo these days.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Offer does not apply to Florida residents. Lets face it, you guys already have way too many AH perks down that way and way too many green thingies next to your names.

Yours truly,
PO'd with wet stuff in Oshkosh
AH perks? Im here just for the in-state theme park perks:D

annunaki

annunaki

Nomo,

You keep getting blasted with rain down there. They had to close down 41 in three spots last night (according to the news). Where I am at, thankfully, it was wet but not flooding your basement wet. I believe they said Oshkosh received something like 5" of rain in a 4-5hr. period. That is A LOT of water.

I hope things get better for you and you can get your basement pumped out & dried.

Has 41 been opened up yet? I have to head down past there this evening.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
NOMO if you do not have a generator, I would recommend you get one if you have problems with flooding basements. If you get a bad storm and the power is off for days, your pump will be of no use, then you will be really screwed.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
NOMO if you do not have a generator, I would recommend you get one if you have problems with flooding basements. If you get a bad storm and the power is off for days, your pump will be of no use, then you will be really screwed.
While many of the homes here got flooded because of a power outage, that was not the case for me. My power never went out. The rain simply came too fast for the pump to keep up.
I do have a generator for power outages and had it ready to go when the storms came, but it was not the issue.

Putting things in perspective; while my life kinda sucks in my little corner of the world, it could be far worse. My troubles are nothing in comparison to those in Iowa.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
side note: have you A/B'ed the Polk Monitor and Yamaha NS-333? comments?
I did A/B my older Technics speakers with the NS-333s. The yamahas lost rather badly. Recently I compared the Polks to the Technics. The Polks won, but not by a landslide. Surprisingly, at least to me, was the better imaging of the Polks.
So comparing the Polks to the Yamahas? Not even close. While the NS333 is a decent rear channel speaker, it falls well short of being in consideration as a main speaker. Not even as good as the Monitor 40 I'm using as my center.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
If not a generator then how about a gas powered trash pump.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_74621_74621

Electric pumps run on a generator are not as efficient as engine driven pumps.
The company I work for is a fabrication house for a few of the larger generator manufacturers. Because of this I've been able to get some phenomenal deals on my generator and power-washer. I'll have to check on a the possibility of of something similar from one of them. Something like that certainly would have been handy last week.:eek:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis