narrowed the sub search

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
well i narrowed it down to the SVS SB 3000 with the 13 inch driver for 1.500 bucks then i thought well is it big enough for my room it big should i buy two of them well you might of guessed that went over like a lead balloon in my house. so then i thought of the SB 4000 but thats 2.500. right now im using the CT/120 velodyne which is around 13 yearsold now. if that 12 inch driver fills the room one 13 inch driver should be able to as well. im thinking if i bought the 3000 it wouldnt be wise to run my old sub with it

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I wouldn’t run them together, but a pair of subs will go a long way towards a nice smooth response. Not sure how big the room is, although you seemed to question having enough sub, so I’d guess large. But I would never buy a sealed sub. Especially for HT.
Also, the 3000 series is a much better value than the 4000’s. There are also other sub manufacturers that are better value as well. Rythmik, PSA, monolith, and HSU, not to mention DIY which can really offer tremendous value and performance.

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
its big about 40ft long and 18 ft across and i sit about 15 ft away from the projector screen. if it was up to me i would buy more than 1 but to keep the peace i was thinking of one of the 3000's for now than maybe later down the road add another. my wife is a typical woman who doesn't care much for the hobby or watching the projector she finds the speaker in the tv is good enough. even my tv in my loft i added a atmos soundbar and rear speakers lol

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe add a tactile transducer under your seat or perhaps build siubs with WAF aesthetic?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Keep eyes out for a B-sock SB3000 or SB4000. I got my 4000 on 4th of July sale for a big discount and I could not see any noticeable flaw myself (PIano gloss). The outlet is currently closed as they prepare for the Labor Day sale...hint hint lol. I have a large room and the SB4000 handles it well.

I've owned that old Velodyne (it died, could not get any support from them so tossed it) and it doesn't even come close to an SVS of that era, let alone now. Maybe you could contact them and see if dual SB2000 Pros might be better than a single SB3000 and it would be around $1699 vs. $1500.

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
Keep eyes out for a B-sock SB3000 or SB4000. I got my 4000 on 4th of July sale for a big discount and I could not see any noticeable flaw myself (PIano gloss). The outlet is currently closed as they prepare for the Labor Day sale...hint hint lol. I have a large room and the SB4000 handles it well.

I've owned that old Velodyne (it died, could not get any support from them so tossed it) and it doesn't even come close to an SVS of that era, let alone now. Maybe you could contact them and see if dual SB2000 Pros might be better than a single SB3000 and it would be around $1699 vs. $1500.
what is a B- Sock? is that like a slightly flawed ? wbich im fine with. i will look into the SB 2000 as well

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
what is a B- Sock? is that like a slightly flawed ? wbich im fine with. i will look into the SB 2000 as well
Yes, it is slightly blemished stock, but there are varying degrees. They usually include what they feel is a flaw, but mine I could not see once I received it.

i figured if i got one 3000 sub then down the road get another one
If that is the plan, then I'd probably go with that. I planned to add a second SB4000, but so far 1 is doing just fine. Note that there is a "Pro" version of the 2000, but the 3000 and 4000 do not have that option.

Last edited:
B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
so i finally made up my mind and went with the PB 3000 over the SB 3000 because of room size i hope the extra money was well worth it

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis