Narrowed down to Cinema 60 vs. Denon x3800

PHANofPHUNK

PHANofPHUNK

Full Audioholic
I am really leaning towards the x3800, however the 5 year warranty with the Cinema 60 is hard to beat.

I would be pushing Paradigm Monitor 9's version 6 and a svs sb1000 and using use a external smsl dac. I just need some advice from anyone who may own either of these receivers. X3800 is $999, and the Cinema 60 is $799.

Thanks!

Tankini

Tankini

Full Audioholic
flip a coin and do it, either way you win. You can Research till you turn blue, both are very capable AVR,s. No matter what Advice you get it's your money at the end of the day. enjoy.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Nothing against the Cinema 60, nice receiver, attractive warranty. But, it is locked at 7.1 channels of processing and power. The X3800H can process 11.4 channels and power 9 on its own.

PHANofPHUNK

PHANofPHUNK

Full Audioholic
Thanks for the link to the review! And thanks for the input, I should have mentioned that 9 channels are plenty. Currently running 5.1 and not much room for more.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The Cinema 60 is more comparable to the Denon 2800 rather than the 3800. Cinema 50 is a better one to compare to the 3800 in each brand's lineups.

PHANofPHUNK

PHANofPHUNK

Full Audioholic
Yeah, really leaning heavily on the x3800. I really wish the Anthem 540 was more in my budget.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis