Nakamichi IA-1Z remote zone operations

T

tobuck

Audiophyte
I am trying to get the remote zone to work on a Nakamichi IA-1Z. I have lost the manual and Nakamichi hasn't been any help (old product that they don't support anymore).
The unit has a set of L/R RCA jacks on the back labelled Remote Output. I would have assumed that this would feed a power amp for the remote zone. I can get the remote zone to switch sources (i.e. CD, DVD, TV etc.) but I cannot adjust the volume for it. In fact, the signal that is being output in the remote zone is very hot. There must be some special sequence of buttons that need to be pressed on the remote control to activate the volume control for the remote zone or something like that. It really doesn't make sense to me that Nakamichi would create a multi-zone unit that doesn't have the capabilities to have the volume adjusted. If anyone has a manual or knows about this unit any and all help would be greatly appeciated. Thanks in advance.

Tom

Z

zilla123

Audiophyte
Nak IA 1z

Did you ever get an answer to your question? I have the identical issue
This button serves for selecting the multi-zone mode (Main/ Remote/Both) for audio/video program source selection in separate rooms.
"Main" mode ln the main room, only the program source for the main room can be selected without changing the source playing in the second room.
Main room
CD*LD
Second room
TV
"Remote" mode In the main room, only the program source for the second room (audio analog sources only) can be selected without changing the source playing in the main room.
Main room
LD
Main room
LD*CD
Second room TV*CD
Second room LD*CD
"Both" mode ln the main room or the second room, the same program source for the two rooms can be selected. (The remote output for the second room carries analog sources only.)
When the "Main" mode or the "Both" mode is selected, the audio signal for the main room is supplied at the "Outputs" jacks and the "Speakers" terminals.

cant find any info on volume

Z

zilla123

Audiophyte
This button serves for selecting the multi-zone mode (Main/ Remote/Both) for audio/video program source selection in separate rooms.
"Main" mode ln the main room, only the program source for the main room can be selected without changing the source playing in the second room.
Main room
CD*LD
Second room
TV
"Remote" mode In the main room, only the program source for the second room (audio analog sources only) can be selected without changing the source playing in the main room.
Main room
LD
Main room
LD*CD
Second room TV*CD
Second room LD*CD
"Both" mode ln the main room or the second room, the same program source for the two rooms can be selected. (The remote output for the second room carries analog sources only.)
When the "Main" mode or the "Both" mode is selected, the audio signal for the main room is supplied at the "Outputs" jacks and the "Speakers" terminals.

cant find any info on volume
When the power cord of the lA-12 is plugged into an AC outlet,
the unit enters the standby condition and the Standby
indicator lights up in amber.
Turnino the lA-1 z on
Main room : Press the Power button on the lA-12 or on the
remote control.
Second room : Press and hold the Power button on the remote
control for at least two seconds.
When the unit is turned on, the Standby indicator goes out.
Settino the lA-12 to standbv
Main room : Press the Power button on the lA-12 or on the
remote control.
Second room : Press and hold the Power button on the remote
control for at least two seconds.
Also when set to standby, the selected program source,
digital/analog setting for each source, and the selected
surround mode are memorized and will be restored when the
unit is next turned on.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com