nakachimi 9.2.4 query?

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi ive bought a nakachimi 9.2.4soundbar hooked it upto my setup sounds excellent

my query is i was told that you can change over the rear and surround speakers of the soundbar i want to get the verybest sound effect immersion and overhead effects possible with the soundbar
can you please highly recommend a setof rear and surround speakers that can replace the rear and surround speakers of nakachimi 9.24
i want the sound quality from even betterspeakers that ican use with the soundbar thanks i want it to go from excellent to amazing

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Field Marshall
I would not recommend replacing the surrounds. The speakers are timber matched to match the drivers in the sound bar and their efficiency rating is matched to the amplifier to produce matching sound levels. I don't think that you have the customization available in the sound bar to properly match different surrounds. These types of setups are designed to work best with matching components. Besides, the surround channels are primarily for effects. The sound of your front speakers is what counts the most. Anything gained from replacing the surrounds will be marginal. Sound bars can do ok for smaller rooms, but to go from "excellent to amazing" you will likely find that members will recommend going to an audio/video receiver with better speakers. If it is excellent now, enjoy what you have. Anything better will likely involve a bigger investment in separates.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Spartan
I would not recommend replacing the surrounds. The speakers are timber matched to match the drivers in the sound bar and their efficiency rating is matched to the amplifier to produce matching sound levels. I don't think that you have the customization available in the sound bar to properly match different surrounds. These types of setups are designed to work best with matching components. Besides, the surround channels are primarily for effects. The sound of your front speakers is what counts the most. Anything gained from replacing the surrounds will be marginal. Sound bars can do ok for smaller rooms, but to go from "excellent to amazing" you will likely find that members will recommend going to an audio/video receiver with better speakers. If it is excellent now, enjoy what you have. Anything better will likely involve a bigger investment in separates.
Don't worry, this will get added to the ever longer marcus oakley thread. He is the oldest bot on AH so he got his own thread.

https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/marcus-oakleys-best-recommendation-questions.111947/

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Full Audioholic
That thread is hilarious. I had no it even existed.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis