NAD M10 Dirac BluOS Streaming Amplifier Has It All!

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
The small and elegant NAD M10 BluOS Streaming Amplifier is a streamer, dac, and an integrated amp all squeezed into one small and stylish package. The $2,500 M10 features an MQA-capable ESS Sabre DAC and a Hypex nCore amplifier stage delivering 100 real-world watts per channel. Built-in room correction via Dirac Live helps the M10 sound its best even in less than ideal acoustical environments. Read on to learn more.

m10.jpg

Read: NAD M10 BluOS Streaming Amplifier

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I bought one in February, the day my dealer got their first 2. They use the other as a demo unit, and ordered more the day after I bought and they had a chance to listen to theirs with more speakers and time. They weren't able to get more until about 4 weeks ago!

This unit has proven itself to be everything I needed for my 10'x12' office, paired with KEF LS50's and Kube 10b. I've got it connected directly to my router via Ethernet, though when I demo'd it for a friend it connected to his wireless network without issue.

The first thing I noticed is that the volume control is logarithmic rather than linear, as the Bluesound Powernode 2 it replaced had. It's not capable of ear-splitting volume, though drives the LS50's much louder than I could ever tolerate.

Some users have complained that they forgot to add a headphone output. I don't think the box has room for a separate headphone amp and the port would have to be on the inconvenient back or spoil the look of that cool front panel. I don't need one anyhow.

I know this is Audioholics and will get grief for saying it, but still I think this amp sounds really sweet and better than the Powernode 2. It's probably mostly due to the ESS Sabre 9028 DAC versus the Powernode 2's Burr-Brown PCM5122.

There are many great features I love, but chief among them I'd say the configurable front screen and options are the most useful. I can even check the temperature of each channel's amp.

I love this little box!

sfseay

sfseay

Enthusiast
I bought the M10 about six weeks ago for my full time home office. The room is about 10’ x 11’ and it is connected to KEF LS50s (just like the guy above). I’m very impressed. It is connected to my wifi and never once have I had issue with stuttering or dropped packets.

it is small, runs cool, and provides all the features and functions I could want or need. Works seamlessly with Roon, sounds great, has tone controls, digital inputs, looks great, and works flawlessly. Purchased it for less than $2200.00 prior to the tariffs going into effect.

Great purchase for a smaller room. A keeper that keeps on giving,

P

Paul Taylor

Audiophyte
Enough whining about the tariffs already. If I want big ticket items, I'll pay the extra for it. I am fine paying a little extra to bring China to heal.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Others (like me) can't pay an extra 10% to 25% for nothing more, and I don't appreciate that I have to. Glad I got in on the M10 before it hit. For the 'well-heeled' it's not hurting.

sfseay

sfseay

Enthusiast
Anybody know the largest USB HDD/SDD that can be utilized by the NAD M10?

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
As I said on the other forum, any size at all. What limits it is the BluOS app capability of handling something like 200,000 tracks.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Is this a touch-screen?
Yes. Though NAD initially claimed it would be a touchscreen with close-proximity sensor, that features isn't there. You have to actually touch it. That said, it works GREAT! I love mine.

M

MDK210

Junior Audioholic
I'm looking at this currently. I only use an AppleTV and 2-channel setup so I'm trying to get out of the avr world and into what I hope is more quality. Paying for 11-ch's, video upscaling, various licensing (e.g. atmos), room correction, and other bells & whistles seems pointless when all I want is "good" audio quality.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I'm looking at this currently. I only use an AppleTV and 2-channel setup so I'm trying to get out of the avr world and into what I hope is more quality. Paying for 11-ch's, video upscaling, various licensing (e.g. atmos), room correction, and other bells & whistles seems pointless when all I want is "good" audio quality.
LOL...you realize the M10 has....Dirac Live, right? :)

I live mine. I've had it since Feb. 10th of 2019 and have had ZERO problems with it. It is in daily use and was one of the first 100 units that were air-shipped into the US, so I think that speaks well of it's reliability.

M

MDK210

Junior Audioholic
LOL...you realize the M10 has....Dirac Live, right? :)

I live mine. I've had it since Feb. 10th of 2019 and have had ZERO problems with it. It is in daily use and was one of the first 100 units that were air-shipped into the US, so I think that speaks well of it's reliability.
Yeah I know about the Dirac, I was more or less referring to integrated amps in general. Glad to hear about the reliability! Some people have had less than stellar experiences with NAD customer support.

N

nate451

Audiophyte
I have the V2, it was love at first listen.

Matched with the GoldenEar Triton 2+'s, oof, stunning.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis