Nad d 3020 and fluance sig series 3 way

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
These two speakers seems to be from different batches or runs for sure. The tweeters are noticeably different looking. I ended up returning the speakers. No choice really. Bought through amazon you return them in pairs. I wasn't thrilled with the sound of the one that did work. However in the speakers defense I also learned that these speakers need to be a little loud before they begin to shine. And my listening area has them too close to do that very often. I kinda wish I was keeping them because for a party speaker I bet they are awesome.
I bet you would be much happier with the Emotiva T2's. $300 more, but you would actually get more for your money. Fluance has some pretty marketing, a nice spiffy website, but unproven R&D and unproven QA (as you found out the hard way). Emotiva's reputation is rock solid by comparison. The way I see it, you can pay $1000 for $1000 speakers, or $700 for $300 speakers, if you catch my drift. I think Fluance puts the biggest chunk of their costs into cabinets and finish, then skimp on the drivers and crossover networks.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis