Emotiva AirMotiv 3b Bluetooth Speaker Review

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Desktop audio is generally a letdown. But leave it to Emotiva to come up with a desktop speaker that defies conventional wisdom. Emotiva's AirMotiv 3b is two way, front-ported speaker that is great-souding, chest-thumping, and takes up minimal real-estate while also being kind on your wallet. What more could you ask for? How about both wired and Bluetooth wireless connectivity, a 60 watt stereo amplifier, aptX codec support, and 32-bit DSP.

Read: Emotiva AirMotiv 3b Bluetooth Speaker Review to see why this small-sized wireless powerhouse left us impressed.http://www.audioholics.com/computer-speaker-reviews/emotiva-airmotiv-3b-bluetooth-speaker-review

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I have had the Airmotiv 4 Powered Speakers for a while when I picked them up at one of their roadshows and could not be happier. They sound great, I like their ribbon tweeter, they play loud if needed and are built like a tank.

Unfortunately they do suffer some of the same problems as their bluetooth counterpart
1. No way to add a subwoofer
2. Bass response, while great for a speaker it's size, will not get the extreme lows

Overall they offer an excellent $ for Sound Quality Ratio

R

Reyfox

Audiophyte
These do sound like what I might be looking for. Something that doesn't take up a lot of desk real estate.
Curious as to what a comparison would be between these and say Audioengine's a2+ desktop speakers. Personally, I have zero interest in blue tooth connectivity.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis