2015 Audioholics Product of the Year Award Winners

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
What a fun year 2015 has been. It’s never an easy task to pick winners for our Product of the Year Awards. This year especially, there were so many exceptional products to choose from. But when we looked hard at all of the products we've tested and reviewed, some rose above and beyond our expectations.

Products range from our favorite Atmos/DTS:X AV receiver to speakers and subwoofers from budgetary pricing in compact form factors all the way to state of the art and unattainable by mere mortals. Here's our much anticipated Audioholics 2015’s Product of the Year Awards!

Read: 2015 Audioholics Product of the Year Award Winners

Do you own any of the products on this list? Share your experiences.

Last edited:
D

DefTechFan

Audiophyte
I always like reading the Year End Awards - thank you for all the time and effort you guys put into the reviews. At 33 years old and an audio enthusiast, I do not yet have the discretionary income to spend a couple grand on a pre/pro but the desire is certainly there. With the discontinued Emotiva UMC-200 and no replacement in sight (that I have heard), I am not finding many options on budget pre/pro's. Outlaw Audio's Model 975 is a great deal but came out in 2012. Is the lack of budget options due to the cost of newer sound formats (both software and hardware) and would I be holding my breath waiting for a new generation of budget pre/pro's? Without a doubt I am getting the Outlaw Audio Model 5000 amp (only one for now) and would like to build from there. Any insight/advice is appreciated.

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
I always like reading the Year End Awards - thank you for all the time and effort you guys put into the reviews. At 33 years old and an audio enthusiast, I do not yet have the discretionary income to spend a couple grand on a pre/pro but the desire is certainly there. With the discontinued Emotiva UMC-200 and no replacement in sight (that I have heard), I am not finding many options on budget pre/pro's. Outlaw Audio's Model 975 is a great deal but came out in 2012. Is the lack of budget options due to the cost of newer sound formats (both software and hardware) and would I be holding my breath waiting for a new generation of budget pre/pro's? Without a doubt I am getting the Outlaw Audio Model 5000 amp (only one for now) and would like to build from there. Any insight/advice is appreciated.
There are many avrs that will meet budget standards, ie the denon x3 series, marantz 5 series. Grab a denon http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/denavr4520ci/denon-avr-4520ci-denon-s-flagship-home-theater-receiver-150wpc-airplay/1.html and you have assignable amps in your pre pro lol

D

DefTechFan

Audiophyte
That looks like a great deal on the Denon I appreciate the suggestion. Getting Audyssey MultEQ XT32 at $850 is icing on the cake.

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
That looks like a great deal on the Denon I appreciate the suggestion. Getting Audyssey MultEQ XT32 at $850 is icing on the cake.
The x series from 3x up is nice, The 4520 is the bees knees wo the amps, with them its assignment is bliss

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I recommend saving your pennies and going for either a discounted Yamaha CX-A5000 or the new AV7702 from Marantz if you want Atmos. Emotiva should have some new pre/pros coming next year as they have a hole in their lineup without a more cost effective solution right now.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis