Spyro Gyra: Love and Other Obsessions (1995) CD Review

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Number 2 in a 4 part series, this is my favorite Spyro Gyra release (followed closely by Heart of the Night) of the 1990's. It didn't hurt that Love and Other Obsessions rose above a string of very pedestrian releases leading up to it. While the song selections are hit or miss (there are several tracks I either love or hate), the highs far outweigh the lows.

Check out my review of this CD to see if its something you should add to your Jazz collection.

Read: Spyro Gyra: Love and Other Obsessions (1995) CD Review

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Big fan of their stuff. I'll pick this up and the other one you mentioned. Thanks Gene.
This is one of my fav.

Stanton

Stanton

Audioholics Contributing Writer
Big fan of their stuff. I'll pick this up and the other one you mentioned.
This is one of my fav. {Point of View}
Point of View was actually the first Spyro Gyra CD (not LP) I purchased. It's a good one, but I'll give you a hint about my 80's choice: it's not Point of View.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
It was my first too. I heard one song on that CD on the Jazz station and I was hooked. Got to see them play live. The bass player at the time was incredible.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Point of View was actually the first Spyro Gyra CD (not LP) I purchased. It's a good one, but I'll give you a hint about my 80's choice: it's not Point of View.
Breakout from the 80s is one of their best IMO.

Am386SXL

Am386SXL

Enthusiast
My father has been a Spyro Gyra fan for a long time but frankly we don't own any CDs or LPs produced by them. But I certainly love them to bits.

Stanton

Stanton

Audioholics Contributing Writer
My father has been a Spyro Gyra fan for a long time but frankly we don't own any CDs or LPs produced by them. But I certainly love them to bits.
They have a couple of "greatest hits" CDs that are worth getting if you have nothing.One bonus is they do a good job of remastering the old stuff when they create the compilation.

Am386SXL

Am386SXL

Enthusiast
They have a couple of "greatest hits" CDs that are worth getting if you have nothing.One bonus is they do a good job of remastering the old stuff when they create the compilation.
Will have a look, many thanks.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis