Denon AVR-X1200W / X2200W Dolby Atmos and DTS:X Receivers Preview

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Denon has launched their new AVR-X1200W and AVR-X2200W AV Immersive Audio Surround Receivers. These two new IN-Command Seriers A/V receivers both feature Dolby Atmos and DTS:X (firmware upgrade) and have full 4K support with HDCP 2.2. This pair of 7.2 channel speakers increase Denon's already expansive line of Dolby Atmos and DTS:X enabled receivers.

We were able to get a quick look at the new receivers to give you the details on what they bring to the table and what features they offer that their less expensive AVR-S710W and AVR-S910W siblings do not.

denon-2200.png

Read: Denon AVR-X1200W / X2200W Dolby Atmos and DTS:X Receivers Preview

Last edited:
K

kiranbeginner

Audioholic Intern
Pioneer VSX-90, Marantz Slimline NR1606 or Denon X1200/X2200

Which one would be a good buy?

Expert comments please.....

Bizarro_Stormy

Bizarro_Stormy

Audioholics Whac-A-Mole'er™
Pioneer VSX-90, Marantz Slimline NR1606 or Denon X1200/X2200... Which one would be a good buy? Expert comments please.....
My dog thinks I'm an expert at making her dinner... so I'll chime in...

Going by the Audioholics articles & the specific "home" pages of the AVRs you've listed...

I would go with Denon X2200.

It has DTS:X coming via a firmware update, which the VSX-90 will NOT have...
and it has more power (it seems), plus Audyssey Silver over the NR1606...

That's my 2 cents...

I'll need them back when you're done deciding...

M

MrPirate2882

Junior Audioholic
A price increase over last year's X1100W. Best hurry and get the X1100W before it's too late?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Pioneer VSX-90, Marantz Slimline NR1606 or Denon X1200/X2200

Which one would be a good buy?

Expert comments please.....
Really depends on what you are using them for? As the primary central piece and Audyssey is more important or a secondary piece where Audyssey is less important?

The Denon X2100 has Audyssey MultEQ XT vs the Marantz 1606 only has Audyssey MultEQ. Because the Denon X2100 is last year's model, you could get more discount and end up paying the same as the Marantz 1600.

K

kiranbeginner

Audioholic Intern
Really depends on what you are using them for? As the primary central piece and Audyssey is more important or a secondary piece where Audyssey is less important?

The Denon X2100 has Audyssey MultEQ XT vs the Marantz 1606 only has Audyssey MultEQ. Because the Denon X2100 is last year's model, you could get more discount and end up paying the same as the Marantz 1600.

As this would be my first buy, I would use it as the central piece along with :-

Polk Audio TSX550T 5.1 Home Theater System (Black)
Onkyo SKH-410 Dolby Atmos-Enabled Speaker System (Set of 2)

Is it a good combination?

K

kiranbeginner

Audioholic Intern
My dog thinks I'm an expert at making her dinner... so I'll chime in...

Going by the Audioholics articles & the specific "home" pages of the AVRs you've listed...

I would go with Denon X2200.

It has DTS:X coming via a firmware update, which the VSX-90 will NOT have...
and it has more power (it seems), plus Audyssey Silver over the NR1606...

That's my 2 cents...

I'll need them back when you're done deciding...

Thanx Bizarro....

So Denon X2200 with Polk Audio TSX550T 5.1 Home Theater System (Black) and
Onkyo SKH-410 Dolby Atmos-Enabled Speaker System (Set of 2)....

Can I fix it????

Bizarro_Stormy

Bizarro_Stormy

Thanx Bizarro....
So Denon X2200 with Polk Audio TSX550T 5.1 Home Theater System (Black) and
Onkyo SKH-410 Dolby Atmos-Enabled Speaker System (Set of 2).... Can I fix it????
If by "can I fix it" you mean "will this work", then yes, it should.

Are you set on the Polk System, and is this the one you're thinking of getting?
http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-TSX550T-Theater-System/dp/B00DLSTKVI

There are sooo many speaker/sub combinations for similar prices though, I don't if you'd be fully satisfied with the Polk System/Bic PL-200.

Example: For about $86 more than the Polk/Bic combo, you could get the following:

http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages/products/speakers/cbm170/cbm170.html
5 for $768
(http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages/purchase/advisor.mv)

cbm.png

http://reaction-audio.myshopify.com/collections/subwoofers/products/gamma-15
1 for $850

gamma.png

I believe you'd be more than satisfied with this combo...

Last edited:
K

kiranbeginner

Audioholic Intern
Thanx Bizzaro for the suggestions.....

Will look into it....

K

kiranbeginner

Audioholic Intern
If by "can I fix it" you mean "will this work", then yes, it should.

Are you set on the Polk System, and is this the one you're thinking of getting?
http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-TSX550T-Theater-System/dp/B00DLSTKVI

There are sooo many speaker/sub combinations for similar prices though, I don't if you'd be fully satisfied with the Polk System/Bic PL-200.

Example: For about $86 more than the Polk/Bic combo, you could get the following:

http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages/products/speakers/cbm170/cbm170.html
5 for $768
(http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages/purchase/advisor.mv)

View attachment 16271

http://reaction-audio.myshopify.com/collections/subwoofers/products/gamma-15
1 for $850

View attachment 16272

I believe you'd be more than satisfied with this combo...
Bizarro,

You feel the cbm 170 monitors will sound better than the Polk 550 towers

Bizarro_Stormy

Bizarro_Stormy

Bizarro, You feel the cbm 170 monitors will sound better than the Polk 550 towers
Well, I've never been a fan of the way most Polks sound... they've always seemed a bit "sloppy" to me.
To be honest though, I've never heard these particular Polks... and sound quality is always a bit "subjective".

I have heard the CBM 170SE, and found it to be quite a great sounding speaker.
In fact, if I had a little extra cash floating around for a new setup, they would toward the top of the list.

But... the Gigolo business is a bit slow right now... what with everyone & their grandpa thinking they can jiggle low...
so money is tight...

But I digress...

I think having same exact excellent speaker all the way around, coupled with a great subwoofer and AVR, will give you the music/movie experience you are looking for.
And, if you ever want to move up to a 7.1 system, you can just add 2 more CBM 170SEs.

A

asere

Audioholic
Are there any Denons coming out with Atmos with XT32 in the price range of $1000?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

rom3

rom3

Audioholic Intern
Are there any Denons coming out with Atmos with XT32 in the price range of $1000?

If you don't need HDCP 2.2, you can get last year's model X4100W from Amazon and others for $800. This retailed for $1,499 last year. It has the Audyssey "Platinum" suite (XT32, sub EQ, dynamic EQ, etc.) as well as ATMOS capability.

A

asere

Audioholic
If you don't need HDCP 2.2, you can get last year's model X4100W from Amazon and others for $800. This retailed for $1,499 last year. It has the Audyssey "Platinum" suite (XT32, sub EQ, dynamic EQ, etc.) as well as ATMOS capability.
I know but no dts x

M

mlmiller707

Audiophyte
1. Does anyone know how to get to the "Effect level" on the Denon Avrx1200? It is on pg. 154 of the manual.

2. Does anyone know why an iPod constantly locks up or goes into "Please Wait". If I d/reconnect when the receiver is off, it does not do it really. However yesterday I reconnected when receiver was off. Difference being that I had synced my iPod from iTunes via wi-fi, then restarted iPod and it still locked up. The iPod was still in a spin. I am not going to use the iPod function in the future, for convenience reasons. I would just like to know why this is occurring other then it not being in stand by mode when reconnecting or disconnecting. Does it not have the same plug n play capability as a pc?

O

Omer9479

Audiophyte
But how do I choose between those 2 options.
I know both of them are great but why should I spend another 150$ on the 2200?

I have Polkaudio speakers RS65 x 4 and RT 255 as center.
Also Polkaudio Atrium 4 as outdoor speakers and will be set as the second zone.

Thank you.

Omer

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis