Auro-3D Immersive Sound Interview with Wilfried Van Baelen

Are you Upgrading your System to 3D Sound?

• Yes. Dolby Atmos Right Away

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. But, I'm waiting for Auro-3D Support

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No. I'm happy as is.

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
While the release of Dolby Atmos has dominated the headlines as of late, we thought it would be a good idea to learn more about some of the competing next generation audio surround formats, namely Auro-3D. The folks at Auro Technologies have developed a channel oriented solution to 3D surround sound which represents a substantial leap over 2-dimensional 5.1 / 7.1 systems. We were able to score an interview with Auro's founder, Wilfried Van Baelen, and dig into the details of how Auro-3D works. Click to learn all about this exciting audio format.

Read the Auro-3D Immersive Sound Interview

Don't forget to vote in our Poll about your plans on upgrading to a new 3D Surround format.

RichB

RichB

Audioholic Field Marshall
I voted no, but I would have voted for "Maybe, I'm waiting for Auro-3D and possibly DTS-UHD Support".
Adding speakers is a giant pain in the butt, so I would want a layout maps to all formats as best it can.

The additional Front channels in Auro-3D is a really interesting feature.

DTS: Consider renaming DTS-UHD to DTS-3D :D

- Rich

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Marantz and Denon firmware update soon.
Yes and I'm working on getting the FW upgrade now for the Denon AVR-X5200W receiver I am reviewing before I finish up my review so I can test it. We'll see.

BlwnAway

BlwnAway

Audioholic
Thank You Gene, really looking forward to your thoughts, if it fairs well I'll be adding the Marantz SR7009 in place of my current Pioneer SK-1522.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis