Anthem MRX710, MRX510, MRX310 Gen2 Receivers

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Anthem has announced their new Gen2 receivers at CEDIA 2013 and they look awesome. The MRX 710 and MRX 510 are 7 channel models and the MRX 310 sports 5 channel. The new Gen2 models include ARC M1 room correction solution, which boasts improvements to Anthem's Room Correction (ARC) vs the Gen1 receivers. With the new ARC M1, you can print out before and after graphs to see how ARC has improved the audio in your room. With 4k scaling, HDMI Pass-Through, faster HDMI switching, both IP and RS-232 automation control, bi-amp speaker options on the MRX710 and MRX510, lower power consumption, and more, what's not to like?

Discuss "Anthem MRX710, MRX510, MRX310 Gen2 Receivers" here. Read the article.

A

apgod

Audiophyte
You should add that some features have been removed as well like: Dolby Pro Logic IIz (i.e. no height channels option anymore), Internet radio, USB music player. Personally don't think the last two are a great loss, but the Pro Logic IIz might be for some....

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
The new Version of ARC is really interesting in that you can print and graph out the measured sound improvements. On the downside, there are better AVRs at equal price points IF they price them like they did last years model.

If the incorporate the improved ARC to their AVM Pre/Pro I would definitely be interested in Anthem again.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
If my local Best Buy offerred Anthem I might try it out and compare to Audyssey. :D

I think Audyssey XT Dynamic EQ is already so awesome. But sure would be fun to compare for myself. :)

But, I am always skeptical since people (reviewers & users) seem to claim all sorts of things all the time for speakers, amps, pre-pros, and everything else under the sun.

RichB

RichB

Audioholic Field Marshall
I never really considered Anthem because of all those sliver buttons.
These are much improved.

too bad they aren't preamps :p
The price premium for preamps is ridiculous .

- Rich

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
They look really nice.. but I can't think of any excuse to upgrade from my current Yamaha model. It still works like it was brand new and its over 5 years old now. :)

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
I am contemplating a new receiver and have looked at the MRX700 in the past, but was put off by the lack of Multi channel inputs. I was hoping the next generation might have them. A two grand receiver with no 7.1 inputs........Really Anthem???

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Nice to see Anthem continuing this line. The current line's ARC was excellent so it should only get better with this new line.

S

Steve Wright

Audiophyte
Hope someone can help. I have an Anthem MRX710 purchased in April. Everything is great except that I have to "Restore Factory Defaults" in order to upload the ARC information. If I attempt to upload without restoring the defaults, the software will indicate that the "Connection is lost" or "Connection is refused." I'm using a direct Internet connection, Dell laptop with Windows 8.1. The Anthem release version is 1.2.6. If there's no fix, I can live with it, but it would be nice not have to do a reset before ARC can run. I bought the receiver online so I don't have a dealer or store to talk to, plus contacting Anthem directly by phone is considered international since they are located in Canada.
Thanks!

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I don't have experience with their receivers, but you can also email their support, which has always been very good to for me when I had the AVM PRE/PROS.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
I have a 310 and never experienced the problem you describe. Last time around I used Windows 10 and still no issues. Probably something with the software driver being used. Anthem's support is excellent so give them a ring or shoot them an email.

S

Steve Wright

Audiophyte
Installed the firmware update (1.2.9) and latest version of the ARC software (1.1.3512) and that fixed the problem! The HT will soon be complete with the purchase of Bowers & Wilkins surrounds. The blu-ray player is an Oppo 103 Darbee Edition.
Thanks again to everyone for the help!

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Installed the firmware update (1.2.9) and latest version of the ARC software (1.1.3512) and that fixed the problem! The HT will soon be complete with the purchase of Bowers & Wilkins surrounds. The blu-ray player is an Oppo 103 Darbee Edition.
Thanks again to everyone for the help!
That's nice support. I am really interested in their ARC, too bad they don't make a 2 channel one.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis