A Home Theater Install with high WAF

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Want a home theater but your spouse doesn't want to see big speaker boxes or a cluttered mess? Well we came up with a compact affordable solution consisting of Denon, Panamax, Samsung components, EMP and SVS speakers & subwoofers, respectively. The cables consist of Dayton Audio, Impact Acoustics and SVS. The entire system is controlled by a Harmony 900 remote.

PS. Please refrain from making comments about how you would have employed used amplifiers/processors for better value or DIY speaker alternatives. thanks.

Discuss "Building a Spouse Approved Home Theater Solution" here. Read the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marshall_Guthrie

Marshall_Guthrie

Audioholics Videographer Extraordinaire
SVS Soundwave inline link on page 1 is broken.

Want a home theater but your spouse doesn't want to see big speaker boxes or a cluttered mess? Well we came up with a compact affordable solution consisting of Denon, Panamax, Samsung components, EMP and SVS speakers & subwoofers, respectively. The cables consist of Dayton Audio, Impact Acoustics and SVS. The entire system is controlled by a Harmony 900 remote.

PS. Please refrain from making comments about how you would have employed used amplifiers/processors for better value or DIY speaker alternatives. thanks.

Discuss "Building a Spouse Approved Home Theater Solution" here. Read the article.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Nice install and write up Gene.

I recently had a similar experience. They already had the Bose system which I was unable to get them to sell. So I did a slide out middle atlantic rack, tucked their bass module behind the couch and hide all their wires. I am still working on getting them to mount the speakers instead of keeping them on the cabinet and moving them to a universal remote. But in the end they are happy so I am happy.

Marshall_Guthrie

Marshall_Guthrie

Audioholics Videographer Extraordinaire
Link hasn't been changed lol.
Looks fixed now.

As for the actual install, I think the SVS subs were a great choice. Truthfully, there isn't much in the small/sealed category that also performs well. The Aperion Bravus II 8D would be another great option as it's small and beautiful, but doesn't dig as deep. Did you consider any other subs before landing on the SVS?

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Very very nice Gene, you're the man :)

The problem you face many times is that people who want small invisible speakers don't really know what a well performing system can do and the pleasure you get from a really good sound system, only one way of doing this, prove it to them..... you should have invited his wife to listen to her favorite music in your rig Gene, then probably his wife would demand big speakers :D
As a dentist I'm sure he can pay a bill for quite descent speakers :p

bobnegi

bobnegi

Audioholic Intern
Wow, what a challange!

Know thats customer service on your part, half the job seems to be convincing people that they are missing out.

If it had been me, I would have suggested to the dentist, to just get a new wife, cause this one ain't worth it! :D

bobnegi

bobnegi

Audioholic Intern
And that folks, is why I no longer do this type of work for anyone except myself

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis