Pimping Your Ride with Sony's XM-ZR704 Amp and XS-GTX Speakers

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
It's not often that you get a chance to "pimp" your ride, so when Sony suggested we take a look at their newest ZR Series amplifier and their GTX speakers, we ran out and immediately located a victim, er... test vehicle. The experiment was simple: remove the stock system and replace it with the upgraded amplifier and speakers and note the differences. The proposition was this: would an upgrade of just the speakers make a huge enough difference in a car audio system? Or does it take a complete overhaul. Well, the results were eye-opening to say the least, but we actually ran the experiment both ways (having installed a separate XAV-701HD head unit in a separate vehicle, while keeping the stock speakers) and this was part 2.

Discuss "Pimping Your Ride with Sony's XM-ZR704 Amp and XS-GTX Speakers" here. Read the article.

S

Stump909

Audioholic Intern
Would these be a step up from "premium" sound systems, or just the lower-tier stock? My accord came with some decent Pioneer speakers, but how could I test if another pair was worth the upgrade?

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I like the Super Mario Bros hat; stylish yet functional :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis