WiSA Demo at CES 2013

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
We covered WiSA back at CEDIA 2012, and wrote up an article about the details surrounding WiSA, but this year at CES 2013 we were able to get a hands-on demonstration.
They were showing off two complete surround sound system, one by Aperion Audio and the other by Klipsch. We have listened to plenty or poor wireless systems in the past, but this was spot on. The sound was immerse and dynamic, without even a hint of pops, crackles, or hisses common with other wireless products. The picture on the TV was also flawless (but we had to resist from taking it off Dynamic mode) and synced perfectly with the sound. We know a lot of people scoff at the idea of wireless speakers in a high-end system, but we are convinced. We have always thought that WiSA looked good on paper, but now we can tell you it sounds good too.

Discuss "WiSA Demo at CES 2013" here. Read the article.

DreamUnicorn

DreamUnicorn

Enthusiast
It's just a shame that this"'wireless" system requires so many power cables. I'm glad somebody reputable is developing this tech, but it just isn't worth it yet in IMO. Maybe in a few years.

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
Whoa, that is a badass giveaway, lol. Can I buy one? lol.

It's just a shame that this"'wireless" system requires so many power cables. I'm glad somebody reputable is developing this tech, but it just isn't worth it yet in IMO. Maybe in a few years.
Well, at least here building code states you have to have at least an outlet on each wall. To me, could do 'hybrid' wireless system as a possibility. Like run the sides and rears wireless perhaps, and leave the front wired. Even if sound quality is the same wired or wireless, it would perhaps be more accepted to start with (getting home theater people used to the idea of wireless) and if there is any performance degrade, on the most important channels there would be no effect.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
well you could always design some sort of internal battery, but who wants batteries to change out. Beam em up, Scotty

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
Actually, your onto something. Let's say you have a surround speaker that is 100/w/m sensitivity and have a 100Ah Lithium ion battery in there! Could last you a really long time. I mean, let's say your surrounds reached 106dB, you'd have 50hours of time before changing them. Maybe not yet, but, pretty soon, they might have small batteries with really long amp hours and it would be more like changing a watch battery every 5 years.

Donno, but, your point could actually be a step if the technology gets there.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis