2012 CEDIA Show Report

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Well another CEDIA show has come and gone. But, this year's show was an exciting one to be sure. The overall attitude from the manufacturers was quite positive. With all the activity at the show and manufacturer enthusiasm, it seems like the economy isn't as grim as one may be led to believe by the media. People are spending disposable cash on home theater equipment again, and manufacturers are bustling to come out with next generation products to meet their needs. The glut and loss of 3D-centric products that met with "ho-hum" consumer response has also been replaced with some true innovation and products are once again pushing the envelope. Two-channel is making a comeback while everything is going wireless. Be sure to check out our video previews of all the new exciting products and our eye candy pics on our facebook page.

Discuss "2012 CEDIA Show Report" here. Read the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks for the report.

I am glad that you were able to listen to the new Pioneer line >> many
people are in for a pleasant surprise. This line will hold up against some
of the more popular, and more expensive reccomended lines out there.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Thanks for the report.

I am glad that you were able to listen to the new Pioneer line >> many
people are in for a pleasant surprise. This line will hold up against some
of the more popular, and more expensive reccomended lines out there.
No doubt. I don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I went to that area of their booth as kind of a joke and didn't expect to be so blown away by the sound quality and knowledge of Andrew. I asked him some very technical questions and he answered them like they were old hat. Don't let their price or ho-hum styling fool you.

Marshall_Guthrie

Marshall_Guthrie

Audioholics Videographer Extraordinaire
Yes, the Pioneer Speakers have been my go to for budget recommendations for a while. Best Buy used to have a 5.0 package for ~$360 if memory serves, and Newegg regularly has the BS21s at $50 per pair and the BS41s at $99/pair.

Couple these with a modestly priced subwoofer and you have a great entry level system. Or, step up to something like the Outlaw LFM1-EX, the SVS PB12-NSD, or the HSU VTF-3 and you can have a great $1000 system.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
The older Pioneer series 1 speakers are nice - however, the new
series 2 speakers, are a nice step up and something special.

Matt34

Matt34

Been following it on facebook. I seriously want Andrew's job.....must work on my photogenics.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis