B&W CM8 Floorstanding Speaker System Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
B&W is certainly a well-known name in audio, with a reputation for excellent engineering and superb built quality earned from decades of top-level accomplishment. Our review focuses on their new CM8 three-way floorstanding speaker. The B&W CM8s earned my ultimate respect for sounding quite excellent within their stated design claims. My listening tests revealed them to be a clean, honest reproducer of sound providing a fully satisfying listening experience. B&W's reputation brings with it a commensurately high level of expectation for all their products, and I am happy to report the CM8s live up to expectations. Living with the speakers day in and day out for an extended time revealed many hoped-for and expected strengths and a few surprises. Speakers are impossible to predict by the numbers, and this B&W is no exception. But, it is every bit a worthy addition to their lore.

Discuss "B&W CM8 Floorstanding Speaker System Review" here. Read the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt34

Matt34

Def Tec, now B&W....nice to see some mainstream products in for review.

T

templemaners

Senior Audioholic
I don't see anything of the review past the introduction page. :confused: :confused:

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I don't see anything of the review past the introduction page. :confused: :confused:
anytime we change the publish date and post, it takes an hour or so for the page to cache out and show the other pages. It should appear, soon.

T

templemaners

Senior Audioholic
I tried 2 different browsers and 2 different computers, but didn't see the jump to bar on the Intro page, but it showed up on the listening and conclusion pages Matt put up.

Thanks for the links.

Side note on the actual speakers - the press photos make them look a lot wider than 6.5".

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just more info:

CM8
Cartons = $54 each speaker
FST midrange = $123 each driver
Tweeter = $147 each driver
Woofers = $ 71 each driver
Plinth (body) = $117 each speaker
Crossovers = $163 each speaker
Grilles = $100 each speaker

And yes, very nice to see more reviews of the big brands.

Last edited:
ratso

ratso

Full Audioholic
nice review, and yes it is nice to see some of the bigger names being reviewed here. but... i hate to say this, because it could open a big nasty can of worms. but the next time can we omit the word "chinese" being used in a derogatory way here? you could have just told us "there is good mdf and bad mdf", etc.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis