Koss STRIVA Pro Wi-Fi Headphone Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Koss wants to revolutionize how we listen to music with its new STRIVA wi-fi headphones. The STRIVA Pro headphones connect directly to the Internet, no mediating devices or boxes to limit your range. It's the ultimate cordless freedom, tens of thousands of Internet radio stations are waiting to be explored through STRIVA's elegant and easy-to-use (but not so easy to setup) interface. You can also opt to listen to your own music collection using the wireless Content Access Point (CAP) device that connects you to any source with an analog output. Koss promises headphones that aren't just about new high-tech features, these sealed headphones are custom tuned with that familiar Koss-headphone sound.

Discuss "Koss STRIVA Pro Wi-Fi Headphone Review" here. Read the article.

C

corey

Senior Audioholic
Re: your statement "Overall I applaud Koss on this step in the right direction for headphone technology."

I don't see this as the "right" direction for headphone technology, as cheep local storage makes having a massive amount of high bit rate music in your pocket very affordable. 16 GB micro SDHC cards are under $10.

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
Re: your statement "Overall I applaud Koss on this step in the right direction for headphone technology."

I don't see this as the "right" direction for headphone technology, as cheep local storage makes having a massive amount of high bit rate music in your pocket very affordable. 16 GB micro SDHC cards are under $10.
The best thing about the STRIVA system is surfing Internet radio. The randomness, you get a thin layer of choice in genre but then you're surfing through thousands of stations. It's that randomness that has an fun and addictive quality. You want to check out more stations, you want to hear what's next after hearing a song you hadn't heard in a long time or discovered a brand new song.

As for comparing it to storage...

There are two vehicles for mobile infotainment - brought in or beamed in. This is a beamed in solution. You may prefer brought in, but it's just a different vehicle. It's like... a pickup truck isn't a good option when what you want is a motorcycle.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis