KEF LS50 Mini Monitor Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
KEF spec's the LS50s down to 79Hz at -3dB and 47Hz at -6dB. This is pretty amazing response for a mini-monitor. The thing that makes the KEF LS50 mini-monitors so exiting, however, is the price. While $1500 a pair may be a bit extreme for some buyers for a near-field monitor, given the level of technology that has gone into them, the LS50s sound like an absolute steal to us. If you are looking for some high end speakers for your office, den, or other near-field environment, you'd be crazy not to give these a listen.

Discuss "KEF LS50 Mini Monitor Preview" here. Read the article.

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
I really, truly hate to be that guy but...

"The thing that makes the KEF LS50 mini-monitors so exiting, however, is the price."

You mean exciting. Feel free to delete this post once the correction is made :)

B

bikemig

Audioholic Chief
Well $1500 for a pair of mini monitors might induce exiting rather than excitement for some buyers . . . .

R

Ricardojoa

Audioholic
Can someone explain to me what they meant there pretty amazing response?Whats so amazing?

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
I'd be interested to hear them.

If they really are a great set of nearfield monitors, that price is actually not high. Most of the nearfields discussed on here aren't professional nearfields, they are pro-sumer, bedroom artist nearfields. That's why $1,500 seems high.

I have some older nearfields that use a driver that uses Kef technology, and they are some of the best nearfields I have ever heard.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis