Season of the Witch Blu-ray Disc Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
From a distance, the trailers and marketing materials announcing Dominic Sena's Season of the Witch indeed looked promising and perhaps beyond mildly entertaining – sure, the title shared the subhead of the 1980s franchise-breaker Halloween III: Season of the Witch, starring the great character actor Tom Atkins, but the clips of the film from pre-release shots and teasers suggested hyper-aggressive demons, CGI-endowed werewolves a la Van Helsing and some butt-kickin’ crusaders from the middle ages era doing justice the only way they know how. A couple of issues abounded, though – first of all, I didn’t see Nicolas Cage in this kind of film or role, but from what I gathered, he needed a quick payday due to some personal and financial issues. Alas, his performance in this justifies my reservations, as his dialogue delivery and overall presence just seems way out of place.

Discuss "Season of the Witch Blu-ray Disc Review" here. Read the article.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
3/5 or C- ish and if you factor in how ugly Pearlman is then you're really better off watching General Hospital. Some of the supernatural fright stuff was pretty good but for the most part I agree with Scott A about the movie.

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
we saw that stupid movie,we kept waiting for it to get good,

never happened,

it wasted 113 minutes of my life :mad:

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I don't understand Nicholas Cage.

He can't act and he plays the Nicholas Cage in every movie he does.

Some actors can pull this off. John Wayne and Clint Eastwood come to mind, but Cage simply can't pull it off.

Yet the studios keep putting him in their movies.

I guess being Francis Ford Coppola's nephew does have it's advantages.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I couldn't even finish it. The combination of Nicolas Cage's complete inability to act (he's the same zero in every movie) and the shoddy script and sloppy direction it was a solid "D". The only Nick Cage movie that I've enjoyed in years was Drive Angry and that was because I liked the direction and Amber Heard took her character beyond just being really-really fine eye candy :D. It would have been a much better movie with a different star though.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I saw this and it wasn't all that bad. I can name three movies far worse than without blinking an eye. :) Correction 4 movies,,, Titanic 3D comes to mind.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Movies are put on the shelf by the studios for a reason.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
When even the trailer sucks, it should be pretty obvious. I actually laughed out loud when I saw the trailer for this with Nick Cage in the lead.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis